Vol. 4 Ch. 33 Her Parents

Your POV

We finally got to Menagerie and get to Blake's house. At the door, Blake takes a quick breath for courage and bangs the door knocker. It makes a loud, heavy, resonating sound on the large door. The sound caused both Sun and I to straighten up and back away. Sun pointed up at the door and said, "Okay, if we're being honest, that's kind of intimidating." I rolled my eyes and said, "Don't be a wuss." He looked at me and said, "You're pretty calm for a guy about to meet his girlfriend's parents."

My eyes widened as I went speechless and Sun said, "Man, if that was me, I'd be terrified." I replied quietly, "Ohhh... shit." The door then opened and standing at the entrance was a woman slightly shorter than Blake with short hair and the same cat ears as her daughter. She looked at Blake and said almost in disbelief, "Blake?" Blake awkwardly lifted her arm in greeting and said, "Hi, mom." The woman stepped forward and hugged her daughter, saying, "My baby girl."

Soon a deep, gruff voice called out from within the house, "Kali, who is it!?" I guessed that the woman hugging Blake was named Kali and the voice belonged to Blake's father. I looked into the house to see a tall, muscular man with dark raven hair. He looked at Blake with a shocked expression, which soon turned into a warm smile. I smiled at the warm family reunion.

"Hey dad," Blake said with a small smile. Blake's dad didn't say anything, just walked the short distance between them and gave Blake a massive and comforting hug. After a warm welcome, both of Blake's parents turned to Sun and I and her father asked, "Blake dear... who are they?"

Blake gestured to Sun and said, "Umm, well that's Sun Wukong, a student from Mistral." Then she gestured to me and said, "And this is Y/N L/N, he's from Beacon as well... and he's my boyfriend." I smiled awkwardly as I waved to Blake's parents. Kali turned to her husband and said, "Ghira, dear, is it just me or does the name L/N sound vaguely familiar."

I sighed and said, "It might be because my parents and I used to live in Menagerie until I was 7." Ghira looked at me closer and said, "Ohh, you're Jason and Jasmine's boy, right?" I nodded and said, "Yeah." Ghira pat me on the back and said, "Well, it's been a long time since I heard from you or your parents in years! How are they these days?"

I looked down and sniffled. Then I said, "My sister, Noir, died when she was 5 due to severe illness. My parents died a few years ago in a Grimm attack." I felt a tear go down my face. Then I felt someone give me a big hug. I looked up and saw that both Kali and Ghira were hugging me.

When they let go, Ghira said, "Y/N, you're always welcome here. Plus, I remember how much you and Blake got along when you were both kids." I wiped my nose and said, "Thanks, Mr. Belladonna." He smiled and said, "No need for formalities, call me Ghira." I smiled and Kali turned to her husband and said, "Ghira, shall we invite our guests for a nice cup of tea?"

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.