Signs of a Lifetime

Summary:

It's told that your soulmate has the same birthmark as you... and what if the all-too-famous Kylo Ren has the same birthmark as you? | Modern AU

Warning: Violence/Blood

It was almost as if there was nothing but white noise heard. Kylo stood there in disbelief, eyes wide as his heart raced. His face had burned, an open gash caused by a knife lingered... yet, he felt numb. Everything was moving oddly slow for him.

Then there was you, you were yelling at the top of your lungs, blood dripping from your palm as the woman you kept pinned to the ground lashed out. Just inches from you, the knife sat that caused it all.

You were on your way to visit Kylo, not seeing him after some time since he had confessed to you he was seeing someone. It all started when you learned your soulmate was a CEO of a large corporation and you wanted to meet him. Of course, the second you were about to, you panicked and nearly fainted. Kylo Ren, however, caught you before you could flee; and what he found was the matching birth mark on your wrist that matched his.

But now you were in his luxury home that was worth more than you had ever made. It was a crime scene, a disaster of a toxic relationship you had no idea about—other than Kylo being taken. You two didn't hit it off so well at first, it being rocky to even make a friend out of a brooding, looming, man like Kylo. Yet... it worked out. However, he never confessed to being in an unhealthy relationship. Little did you know he believed it was what he deserved.

Snapping out of his daze as you had approached him, Kylo hardly processed what had happened. Snatching him away, rushing to the hospital, the billionaire eventually found himself sat on a cot with his face being half wrapped in bandages.

It was a long night.

Sitting on the seat adjacent to his chair, you eyed the bandage on your palm, gently picking at it as you replayed the moment in your head. You had walked in right when the woman gashed Kylo's face with a kitchen knife, just barely missing his eye. Whatever it was that drove you to see him that evening, you thanked it. You didn't want to think about what else could have happened.

Shifting your eyes from your wounded hand, you eyed the soulmate mark. You couldn't help but touch it, frowning. You would've treated him better. You wouldn't have imagined to even lift a weapon against him. You just wanted to know why he stayed with a woman like her... abusive—verbally and physically.

The night felt endless, all that had happened within a few hours. All that you wanted was to go home and sleep the night away, to start fresh. However... Kylo's mental state kept you worried. He was silent the whole time, speaking short sentences when necessary.

After being discharged, you decided to take Kylo to your place, knowing his wasn't wise to go to. Not with the police being there and definitely not with the memory.

And you knew very well, just by his face, he wouldn't want to go back.

Curled up on your couch as your golden retriever rested on the ground beside you, you gave Kylo your bed in hopes he'd ease a bit. It was late in the night and the least you could do was sleep... but you knew it would be hard with all the adrenaline. However, it eventually died down and you were out.

But the worry lingered. You woke up just before sunrise, standing up from the couch and carefully stepping over your dog. Quietly walking over to your bedroom, your heart sank. The bed was empty. Your room had no trace of Kylo, not even in the bathroom. Feeling your heart race as you searched for your phone, finding it shoved under your purse as it sat on the love seat, you quickly tapped his number. Nothing but ringing was heard. You called and called, yet, nothing.