The Ties That Bind

The prince of Naboo and princess of Sona are put in an arranged marriage... unfortunate for them, they despise one another.

An AU where Leia is queen of Naboo, Ben is a prince, and I use my made up planet of Sona from The Light is Coming (my latest Kylo series) to be your home planet!

• • •

The people of Naboo hadn't seen a royal wedding in quite some time... the current queen was humble about it, marrying in secret as her husband wasn't really seen to fit the role of viceroy. At the steps of the palace stood you and Kylo, hand in hand and waving to the crowd after you said your vows and became husband and wife. It was a lovely day, the sun shining bright as the clouds were sparse.

Too bad this was the last thing you wanted to happen.

You kept a fake smile on your face, walking down the steps along side the prince of Naboo as you greeted your guests. The wedding was all for show. The marriage was nothing but a physical treaty between the two planets of Naboo and Sona. It was all thanks to your mother and your now husbands mother—Leia.

Stopping a few steps bellow as petals were tossed in the air amongst confetti and fireworks above, you squeezed your husbands hand and leaned towards him, speaking through tight teeth, "don't think this means I'll be nicer to you, Solo."

Squeezing your hand back, Ben did the same, "I don't expect much from you, Y/L/N."

Turning around and making your way back up the steps and into the palace, feeling Ben's hand at the small of your back, you relaxed the muscles on your face as you rolled your eyes. Now that your back had been facing the people, you couldn't help but frown at the situation, being married to the one man you couldn't stand.

Walking past the doors as they shut behind you, you tugged your hand away and wiped it on your gown. "Your hand is disgustingly sweaty!"

"I was afraid your peanut sized brain would pull something stupid so I had to keep my grip on you—"

"I am not that foolish!" You lifted a finger at him as Ben sighed.

Pushing your hand away, Ben turned and walked off. "Only fools react the way you do."

Watching him walk off, you squinted your eyes. Clenching your fists and stomping in your heels as you followed him, the two of you stopped as you spotted your mother and Leia standing at the end of the hall. "You two are getting along well. Only a few minutes into your marriage and the love is so powerful," Leia teased as you shook your head, walking past Ben.

"I am waiting for the two of you to say this is a cruel joke to get back at us for something we may have done," you said as you removed your heels.

"This is your reality, whether you like it or not," your mother said as she reached out to hold onto your shoulders. "You two will learn that there is no need for this bad blood between you. Honestly, I don't understand why you two loathe one another so much?"

"With all do respect, your daughter is beyond immature and can't handle being a future queen of Naboo as my wife," Ben shrugged as he walked up to his mother, greeting her with a cheek kiss.

"See!" You pointed your hand. "How is there not supposed to be bad blood? I am supposed to be happily married to some brainless brick house?"

"Now now, Y/N..." your mother shook her head. "Put your heels back on and let's enjoy a nice dinner as a family—"

"Ugh..." groaning as you slid your heels back on, you walked along side your mother as she practically tugged you along the way... whereas Ben walked arm in arm with his mother, enjoying your show.