Bloodline II

The smell of fresh flowers filled the air as you had brought home a bouquet of sunflowers and tulips. You had this on going habit of buying flowers once a week... seeing as you had no time to garden on your own.

Your day was long but it was nowhere near boring. Almost every day was eventful with new stories of your patients for no one to share it with... except, now, you had Anakin. Your friendship was going strong, and the bigger your stomach grew, the more attentive he had become.

Smiling to yourself at the thought of having a best friend, you reached for your phone in your purse and dialed his number.

"Hello."

"Hi!" You smiled. "I hope it's an okay time to call you?"

"Of course. How was your day?"

"Fun, I had this little four year old boy come in who was trying to flirt with my nurse. He was legit smirking, I kid you not. He was adorable, though, because he gave her a little rock he found as a gift."

"A rock? How romantic."

"Oh, stop it. He's just a little boy!" You chuckled. "Anyway... I just got home and brought flowers."

"Which ones this time?"

"Sunflowers and tulips... I almost got some daffodils... maybe next week." Eyeing your flowers as you had set them up in a vase, you smiled, "I really hope one day I can get into gardening and fill my backyard with plants."

"I could never."

"Boo! I can teach you, it's easy!" You insisted.

"I live in an apartment—"

"So? Plenty of people have potted plants! I did when I was in college," you nodded to yourself. "Maybe one day I can visit you and gift you a plant... and then make it a habit each time! You can't throw them out, that would be awfully rude."

"Who said I'd invite you over?"

Hearing the teasing tone, you grinned, "you will, I'm your friend!"

"Are you?"

"Ugh..." you groaned, earning a snicker from him. "Whatever... I'm hungry."

"Pregnancy cravings?"

"Maybe... I'm five months in..." you mumbled, looking down at your belly as you smiled at it, gently patting it.

"Would you like me to bring you dinner?"

Getting caught off guard, you lifted your head, "Wh— You would?" You blinked.

"Why not?"

"Oh my gosh, you're the greatest! Okay!" You shrieked. "I'll send you my address! Order whatever you want and I'll pay—"

"It's on me."

"No, no," you shook your head. "I don't want you to buy me—"

"Please, allow me." He begged. "You paid for the bill without telling me—"

"That was a month ago! Let it be..." you sighed with a smile.