I Have You

What if one of the most beloved men of your time has fallen for you?
Modern Star Wars AU

• • •

Cart wheels against the tiled ground beneath you echoed across the slightly barren grocery store. Your focus was in and out, your body fighting against sleep you truly desired but wouldn't indulge. It had been a long day, a very long day of papers being written and assignments being completed. You only had a few weeks left before you were able to finally graduate with your desired masters degree.

Only a few weeks.

Looking down at your cart, not entirely registering what exactly you had put in it, your tired eyes read the shopping list that numbered what items you needed for the next two weeks. Glad to see you only really needed one more product before you could go pay, you searched the aisles and forced yourself to push your cart through.

"Tomato sauce..." you had mumbled to yourself, eyeing the shelves of cans and glass jars that had been lined up, organized by sauce. "Where are the tomato— oh... red jar... up too... lovely," sighing, you reached up, only to groan. You should've known better.

Stepping on the shelf and trying to reach, tiptoeing as far as you could go, you stumbled back with a huff. Eyeing the top shelf, then around you for any boost, your eyes landed on your shopping cart.

In your state of mind, nothing dangerous truly seemed dangerous. Everything seemed doable and climbing into your cart to grab a jar of tomato sauce seemed plausible. Not seeming to care if anyone was looking—although you were positive no one was at the grocery store half past ten in the evening—you climbed into your cart and reached for the jar.

"Ah hah!" Laughing to yourself like the maniac you seemed to be, dressed in sweatpants and a matching sweatshirt with your hair haphazardly pulled into an updo, the cart beneath you began to shift as your heart shot through your chest.

Feeling yourself lose balance as your cart began to roll, you fell back with a shriek, ready for the pain from the impact, but instead fell into a pair of arms. "You ought to be more careful, silly girl."

Blinking at the sound of a baritone voice, your sleepy state hardly processed what they had said, only knowing they saved your behind from breaking something... or be embarrassed.

Lifting your head and hardly registering the face of a man with very dark hair and quite the light skin, you gave them a sweet smile before slipping—and stumbling—out of their arms. "Thank you, kind sir..."

Narrowing his eyes for a moment as a whirlwind of insults pelted his brain at the sight of you—some klutz in the grocery store—Kylo Ren noticed the sleepy smile on your lips and the hooded eyes on your face. You weren't all there, you were like a zombie, sluggishly moving around. Practically forcing yourself to.

He knew that feeling... he knew it very well, and for a girl like you who still smiled and had common decency—plus manners—Kylo couldn't help but feel bad. "You could have killed yourself."

"Hmm... I don't think it would've been that bad. But, I appreciate the concern..." looking up at him, your smile widened, "tall man."

Sucking a small breath at the sight of your lazy—and cute—smile, Kylo watched as you placed the jar in your cart and push it past him.