Four Years

A/N: Just a little one shot I wrote a month back :)

• • •

"Will you marry me?" The voice rang in your head, the faint memory filling your thoughts as you found yourself sitting in the passenger seat of your boyfriends car.

Looking out the window as your elbow was resting against it, you bit your thumb nail, unable to snap out of your trance. "M— Marry— Kylo... I— Oh my gosh, of course!" Smiling at him as he placed the engagement ring on, you instantly tackled him into a kiss.

The two of you were too young, you would soon become 18 as Kylo had already been. Graduation was a few months away and summer would soon start... But college was what got in the way of things.

High school sweethearts, was what you liked to call it. Getting engaged and marrying during your senior year before real life had struck. You were so happy. So in love... And you knew he was the one.

But then the end of summer came and you were about to move away for college. You wanted to make a compromise, to go to the university close to home but Kylo knew it was always your dream to get out of your hometown and explore.

He never wanted to hold you back... and that's why he called off your marriage to him. Although you two weren't officially married, he had ended it the moment you were about to take your flight.

You remembered the pain you felt in your heart, how it felt as if someone tore it out... Stepped on it, tore it apart, and burnt it to a crisp. You were a sobbing mess, cheeks running with tears and body trembling. Kylo did everything to keep you calm, holding you to his chest and muffling out your cries, but you couldn't take it. You had to leave.

And so, four years later, you found yourself driving to an anniversary party with your boyfriend. The first boyfriend you had after all that happened with Kylo.

You moved on.

"We're here, honey." Your boyfriend—Alexander—said as he parked his car in the driveway, snapping you out of your haze.

"Thanks." You smiled over at him before getting out of the car, waiting for him as you reached your hand out for him to hold.

It was Han and Leia's 25th anniversary since they had married and they wanted to celebrate, inviting dozens of people—including you. Although you and Kylo had been separated, the couple never lost contact with you. They adored you.

Knocking on the door as you stepped closely to Alexander, the door opened to the sight of Rey. "Y/N?" She nearly whispered as you smiled. "Oh, wow, it's been so long!" She laughed, pulling you into an embrace before looking at the man beside you. Dirty blonde hair, light skin that had some color, built... He had a nice aura about him. "And... Who is this?" She asked.

"Alex." You introduced. "My boyfriend..."

Blinking and lifting her brows, Rey looked at you for a moment, then over to Alex as she stuck her hand out for him to shake. "Rey..." She introduced herself. It almost seemed as if she forced a smile—and you couldn't help but feel a bit uncomfortable. After all... Rey was Kylo's cousin.

"So, where's Han and Leia?" You asked with a wide grin, trying to move passed the awkwardness.

"Right, uh, in the backyard." She pointed, moving to a side as you then walked in. Some of the guests were spread throughout while most were outside.