Chapter 50: The Truth

Start from the beginning

"Anytime you'd like."

"Then how about... now?"

"Definitely! The sooner the better!"

3 hours later, they had gotten to the isolated underground prison known as Tartaros, and were cleared through all of the defenses. Tsukauchi stayed in an outside room and watched the interrogation through cameras with Aizawa and Present Mic.

"So... you have arrived... son.", All-for-One said.

"Yeah, I have. All for One.", Izuku said.

"I'm guessing they gave you a bunch of questions to ask me?"

"Yeah."

"Good. I know you are very curious about... everything. Don't worry, I will only tell the truth."

Izuku cleared his throat, and tried to calm his pounding heart. This was the moment he had been waiting for all of his life, a conversation with his father, but it wasn't in the situation he had envisioned. He had previously decided to treat AFO as a regular villain, but he couldn't do that anymore. Not when everything he wanted to know was at his fingertips.

"I guess we should get started. What were your motives?", Izuku finally asked. "Why do you commit crimes the way you do?"

"It seems... the time for the truth has come.", All for One answered. "I will tell you the full truth, with no lies. I trust that the man outside will know if I'm lying or not?"

Tsukauchi buzzed his voice through the intercom. "Correct."

(Tsukauchi's quirk is the ability to know if somebody is lying or not, which makes him very valuable in interrogations.)

"Before I get started, I will do away with my disguise.", All for One said. 

Before, he had looked just as he did in the anime (Bald without eyes) But slowly, his facial features changed and he grew pitch black hair, until he looked like a middle aged Izuku with black hair and nearly black eyes. He had small differences, but the similarity was definitely there.

"Let me get started. My name is Hisashi Midoriya, 173 years old. I am a male with the quirk of 'Quirk-Stealing'. I am also known as All for One by a select few."

There was a pause, then Tsukuachi's voice came again. "Truth."

"I am the father of Izuku Midoriya and the husband of Inko Midoriya."

"Truth."

"I have about 63 different quirks in my arsenal currently."

"Truth."

"I was one of the first generation that obtained quirks."

"Truth."

"During that time, there was chaos and rampant crime due to the government not being able to handle all of the super powered criminals."

"Truth."

"Due to this, multiple individuals began using their quirks to combat these villains. They are now generally called heroes."

"Truth."

"When I had been young, I wished very dearly to become one of those heroes, and to save the innocents. But, I had recognized that the people who used their quirks for evil far outmatched the heroes, and I realized that I wouldn't be able to change anything about that as a hero."

"...Truth."

"So, I became a villain. I became one of them to destroy them from the inside. I built up a large following of villains due to my immense power, by committing crimes that harmed the lowest amount of people while giving me the most amount of notoriety among villains as possible."