Part 50 - Shopping :D

Start from the beginning

"Yeah," Yurio agreed.

A twinkle of excitement returned to Luna's eyes as they entered the first shop they encountered, its faded sign reading, "Magic Jewellers - Enter if You Dare."

The purple wooden door creaked open, exposing dust from the sunlight. They walked into the empty shop with slight surprise and caution to the spooky atmosphere. 

The dimly lit interior was filled with shelves and display cases showcasing several eerie, magical items. The air carried a hint of mustiness, as if centuries of enchantments lingered in the air. The cobweb-covered shop was cluttered with merchandise; dust-covered potions, amulets, and trinkets were haphazardly arranged about the shop, giving the impression of chaos and disarray. Some items seemed to quiver and emit faint glimmers of magic, while others exuded an aura of mystery and darkness.

"Oh my gosh, these rings are so cuteeee!!!" Luan fangirled as she spotted a display of intricately designed rings on a counter.

"Be careful. This place seems kinda dodgy," Yurio mentioned, cautiously looking around him, floorboards creaking as he stepped towards Luna.

"Hehehe," a cackle could be heard in the shadows!

"Uh! What was that??" Yurio asked in alert.

"And look at these books!" Luna, distracted, pulled down a book from a pile on a shelf.

She opened it and soon began coughing from the dust.

"Ah, not as clean as Alex's books," she coughed, waving her hand to get the dust away.

Suddenly, a strange old woman approached them, attempting to entice them with her dubious jewellery...

"This one, I'm sure, will catch your interest, my dear! Only sold here, and only two even exist!! The curse... OF IMMORTALITY!!" she announced, creeping up to Luna with a shiny gold ring presented in her wrinkly hands.

"Curse?" Luna questioned with concern.

"Sounds fake," Yurio rolled his eyes as he observed bottles of shiny rocks and gems hanging from the ceiling. 

The old woman swiftly shifted her attention to Luna again, unfazed by Yurio's remark.

"Or how about these........ Magnificent spell rings!! Made of condensed magic, they'll infinitely produce different elements! This fire ring, for example!" the woman tried to put the ring on Luna.

"Ow!! It burns!" Luna whinnied just as Yurio pulled it off in alert.

"Ow!" he hissed, dropping it then giving the shop owner a sour look.

"Ugh, stupid magic is still drained," he added in a grumble, looking at the redness appearing on his hand from the heat.

"OR how about this legendary item!! Stolen away from the once proud Queen Kiro, this mighty crown of ultimate power shall make anyone cower from the very sight of it!" she went on, hiring a paper crown.

"Whoa... really?" Luna gasped in awe.

"Sure!" she replied with a shrug.

Luna's initial excitement waned, her realization sinking in that the crown might not be as impressive as advertised. She cleared her throat awkwardly.

"Err... maybe not," she rejected.

The old woman's gaze shifted mischievously to Yurio, a sly smile forming on her lips.

"Well, how about this lustful lock; half price, for you, Sir! You look like you need it~" the woman offered a locket to Yurio.

"What is it...?" Yurio asked, feeling rather uncomfortable from how close the creepy woman was to him.