Part 50 - Shopping :D

Start from the beginning

Luna smiled weakly. Her eyes squinted shut, forcing water to fall down her cheek. Her fists clenched as she looked to the ground, eyebrows slowly bending down as her determination began to restore.

"Right! As long as I have Shadow Moon... I'll always have a reason to keep fighting!" Luna beamed.

"Hm," Yurio smiled to see her faith back in place.

"We won't let anyone look down on us. Even Eclipse... we'll show her who she dared mess with!" he added as they continued walking again.

"Yeah! I won't let her get away with trying to hurt us... for lying to Shadow Moon. For underestimating us!!" Luna agreed.

"Exactly. We're stronger than anyone knows..." Yurio smirked.

Luna noticed the determined look in his eye...

"... hey... I really did appreciate your courage back there, you know? But... just please try not to put yourself in danger because of me..." Luna mumbled with a sad look on her face.

Yurio noticed Luna's look and threw his arm around her.

"I promise I won't. Not unless... you really do need saving. If I ever save you and don't get hurt, you can't get mad, ok?" Yurio asked.

"Ok..." Luna mumbled.

"Hey, lighten up. This will be fun! Come on; I'll race you there," Yurio laughed.

"What? I don't even know where the village is!" Luna complained with a smile.

"Haha! Exactly," Yurio chuckled, running off ahead.

"Ah! Hey!" Luna dashed after him, creating a tree stump to strip Yurio over.

"Ah! Hey, that was uncalled for!" Yurio laughed from the floor as Luna jumped over him.

"Better hurry, Yurio!" Luna giggled as she ran.

"Haha!" Yurio picked himself up and ran after her.

Eventually, Yurio and Luna ventured into the lively village of Oakville, where bustling magic shops lined the streets.

"Whoa! They really do have magic shops! There was only one in Cold Stone. This is so cooool!!!" Luna giggled in excitement at the more magic-friendly environment.

Yurio nodded, a small smile tugging at the corner of his lips.

"Yeah. We should gear up on some magic items while we're here. Since there should be more supplies than what we had at Cold Stone," Yurio explained.

As they strolled past the various shops and houses, Luna's eyes darted from one display to another, her mind brimming with possibilities.

"Oh! Great idea! Hm. Let's see... do you think they'd sell anything that could like restrict the power of Akira's magic?" Luna wondered as people past them, going about their days.

"I don't know about that. Isn't the jewel supposed to do that anyway? But maybe there's something that you could release the magic into instead of your body absorbing it. Like a weapon of some sort," Yurio suggested.

Luna's expression turned slightly hesitant, a glimmer of vulnerability in her eyes.

"Ah... I'd really prefer not to use a weapon... I never wanted to fight with my magic, let alone a weapon," she frowned.

"But in the world we're in, it's not really an option to avoid..." Yurio mumbled, his tone softened as he understood her sentiment.

"Yeah... well, I guess we can just look around to see what we can find!" Luna beamed.