aɪ | twenty-seven

A lot happened in the span of three weeks, in the span of three weeks, Kiara found herself accompanying Casey in New York

A lot happened in the span of three weeks, in the span of three weeks, Kiara found herself accompanying Casey in New York. Casey apparently made a dance to a song called Renegade by K-Camp and people did the dance without crediting her. Casey was beyond annoyed at the fact that nobody was giving her the credit so she spoke up about it on Instagram and that's how they were in New York. Casey was shown tons of support on social media and got offers so Kiara was there to be a guardian. From NBA All-Star games to hanging out with influencers, and to getting invited to award shows. Kiara liked New York, it was nice and the ballet shows were excellent.

However, Kiara was dealing with lots of backlash from her performance at the waterbomb concert after weeks, almost a month later. It was annoying and although Kiara was confident, it did hurt her a lot to see the hurtful comments being said about her. Kiara only cried three times and all those times she was by herself. Kiara cried once in Korea in the bathroom of her apartment then the next two times in New York while Casey was in the hotel room with her, sleeping. Kiara was just done with anything that wasn't ballet.

    "So you come back home tomorrow?" Jungkook asked over FaceTime while he was in the studio and Kiara was laid out on the loveseat in her hotel room. "I missed you a lot, y'know?"

  Kiara grinned as she played with the curls on top of her head, "I missed you, too. I talked to San yesterday and he said that he was going to start looking at more gigs for me." Jungkook questioned with a hint of excitement in his voice, "Really? Dance gigs, right?"

"Yeah," Kiara took a breath as she rolled over on her back to look at the ceiling, "I had enough of this long break of doing nothing cause y'know after the whole waterbomb fiasco I haven't been booked at all."

Jungkook replied a bit sadly, "I know and I think that's fucked up. Nothing was wrong with your performance they have had Sunmi basically do the same shit that she did. I think it's because they automatically assume you're some foreigner." Kiara agreed as she continued on from where he left out, "You should see their faces when I tell them I'm from Korea, they lose their minds. Some even try to speak to English in me and when I respond back in fluent Korean they treat me like some lost warrior princess."

  "You're a princess for sure but," Jungkook said smoothly which made Kiara let out a snort followed by laughter, "no but seriously I hate what you're going through and you know what—" Jungkook stopped talking and all Kiara heard was some aggressive tapping on a keyboard. "It boy, what are you even doing?"

"I'm gonna say something about it because it's been going on for wayyy too long," Jungkook said, his frustration was coming out more, "do you know how hard it is for me to sit around and watch the knetz tarnish your name? Especially when they don't you like I know you cause they don't even try to know the real you."

"You don't have to defend me, Kook."

   "I'll never forgive myself if I just didn't defend you, Kiara." A few moments later, Kiara's phone was going crazy. Jungkook posted a picture of her on his Instagram of her and Misun with Misun holding up a trophy. Kiara immediately read the caption: