Chapter CXXXVIII - Bechloe: Old Feelings

Start from the beginning

"Well, um, it was good seeing you, Becs," Chloe concluded and Beca felt her heart sink.

"Ah, yeah. You, too, Chlo. It's good to know that you're doing well."

"You, too. We should catch up some time out of our busy schedules."

"Yeah, that sounds good."

"I'm glad." Chloe smiled and hugged Beca again but this time, not as enthusiastically. "You've still got my number?"

"Yeah, of course. Have you still got mine?"

Of course, Chloe did. Chloe couldn't stop thinking about Beca ever since they broke up. Sure, it was mutual but that didn't mean that it didn't hurt any less. 

"Yes," she grinned, pulling away.

"Cool. I... I guess we'll keep in touch then?"

"Sure."

Beca nodded then farewelled Chloe as she got the remainder of her groceries and left.

~

When Beca got home that evening, she couldn't stop thinking about Chloe. She thought about Chloe more now than she ever had since they broke up. The more Beca thought about the redhead, the more she missed her. She missed Chloe like crazy. Chloe was the best thing that ever happened to Beca and looking back, Beca had no idea how she got so far without her. Beca and Chloe broke up on mutual terms due to their careers. 

Chloe wanted to be a vet and Beca wanted to be a famous music producer and when Beca got signed by DJ Khaled, the couple decided it was wise to end things. Beca was going to travel a lot and Chloe was going to be busy being a vet so having time with one another would have been strenuous and they didn't want their work to impact their relationship. It was a hard decision but they honestly thought that it was for the best.

Beca tried to go to sleep that night but her mind kept fluttering back to Chloe and she wasn't alone either because Chloe had the exact same problem. The redhead's mind kept remembering her time with Beca and how happy she was with her. Sure, they had their ups and downs but so did every couple. Regardless of how many issues they had, they still loved each other to the ends of the earth and Chloe still loved Beca after all this time. She never actually stopped loving her. Chloe wanted the best for Beca and she was willing to give up their relationship if that meant that Beca got her dream career.

Chloe missed Beca and Beca missed Chloe. Seeing each other again brought up old feelings - STRONG feelings - and they had no idea what they were going to do with them. Soon, Beca couldn't take it anymore so she grabbed her phone and texted Chloe.

Beca: Hey, it was good seeing you today.

Chloe's heart raced at the sight of Beca's name popping up on her screen. She wanted to write to Beca, too but was too scared so it was a lovely surprise and shock that Beca had instigated the texting.

Chloe: It was good seeing you, too, Bec. I missed you a lot.

Beca: I missed you, too... You know, I've been thinking...

Chloe: About what?

Beca: About us. I think we should talk about what happened.

Chloe: But you said that you didn't want to.

Beca: That was at the grocery store. We're not at the grocery store now.

Chloe: I appreciate it, Bec but I think it's a bit late to have such an intense conversation now.