Chapter LXII - Bechloe: The Model, The Assistant, and the Son

Idea by user86973113

Chloe Beale was the absolute worst and Beca was fairly confident that she hated her. Chloe was a model who was famous all over the world. People loved her but Beca couldn't see why. Chloe was so awful to Beca. Every time Beca did something for Chloe, Chloe complained or was bitchy. She was hardly ever grateful and if she was, Beca wasn't sure if she was being sarcastic or not. Beca didn't have the best start in life since her parents divorced when she was a kid and she got pregnant by her boyfriend of several years who left her once he found out she was pregnant. Beca had it rough and the only reason she still worked for Chloe was that she needed the income to support herself and her five-year-old son, Benji. It was tough being a single mother but Beca loved her son more than anything and she wouldn't have traded him for the world.

It was another day following Chloe around and obeying orders that were barked at Beca. The number of times Beca wanted to just slap Chloe was countless but again, she needed the money and to make matters worse, being Chloe's assistant paid good money. Beca wasn't able to get a job that paid as well as the one she had with Chloe. There were times where Beca thought about quitting but she always put Benji first.

"Beca!" Chloe yelled from her dressing room and Beca groaned before walking inside.

"Yes, Miss Beale?"

"Where is my latte?" She snapped, sitting on her couch in her silk robe.

"It's coming. There was a car accident so the driver is stuck in traffic."

"Are you serious? Unbelievable! I swear these people don't know who they are messing with! I'm Chloe Beale! I wait for nobody!"

Beca rolled her eyes at the statement.

"Fetch me my bagel then. I may as well eat while I wait... Tick tock, Beca!"

"I'm on it." Beca forced a smile before leaving Chloe's dressing room. "Lord, give me strength before I kill the bitch..."

Beca went to the kitchen area where she grabbed Chloe's bagel and began walking back to her dressing room when her phone began to ring. She grabbed her phone and saw that it was Benji's school.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Miss Mitchell?"

"Speaking,"

"Hi, it's Tammy."

"Hi, Tammy. What's up?"

"I'm sorry to bother you at work but Benji is unwell."

"Unwell? How?"

"He was sick in class today. He threw up on his desk then threw up several more times in the nurse's office. He's got a fever and he's rather pale. Would you be able to come and pick him up?"

"Oh my God! Y, yes, of course! I'll be right there!"

"See you soon, Miss Mitchell."

Beca hung up then ran into Chloe's dressing room.

"Finally!" Chloe exclaimed. "Seriously, how long does it take you to get a bagel and come back?"

"Miss Beale, I need to leave work early."

"Why?" She frowned.

"My son is sick. He's been vomiting and he's got a fever. I need to take him to the doctor."

"Ugh... Beca, that's disgusting. I'm TRYING to eat a bagel here..."

"Miss Beale, I have to go. I'm sorry but I have to." Beca grabbed her bag from the table and her coat off the rack.