Chapter LXI - Bechloe: Miss Beale (Part 2)

After finding out the news of Chloe's identity, Beca went home that evening in shock. She had been seeing Chloe for months and had no idea she was Claire's sister. Yes, Chloe looked a lot like Claire and a lot like Sophie but Beca never thought that Chloe would be her late wife's sister! To make matters even more complicated and awkward, Chloe was Sophie's auntie and it wasn't that long ago that Beca was talking to Chloe about introducing Chloe to Sophie. Now, Beca had no idea what she was going to do. She had no clue how she was going to tell her daughter that she was seeing her late mommy's sister who was also her auntie and who would potentially be her new mommy. It was a lot for Beca to wrap her head around let alone Sophie's.

Whilst at the dinner table, Beca couldn't stop thinking about Chloe and it didn't help that Sophie kept talking about how much she loved her new teacher and how much fun they had together. Beca was happy that her daughter connected with her teacher and more so that she was happy. Beca hadn't seen Sophie so happy ever since Claire passed. The more Sophie kept talking about Chloe, the more Beca thought about her relationship with Chloe. Beca liked Chloe, she really did but in saying that, Chloe did remind Beca of Claire. That's when Beca started to worry. Did she like Chloe because she reminded the brunette of her late wife? Was Chloe simply a replacement for Claire? The thoughts made Beca's skin crawl. She didn't want that to be the case. She thought she liked Chloe for Chloe and nothing else but when she thought about it, she couldn't help but think that she subconsciously chose Chloe because of her similarities to Claire. Beca had never felt so conflicted.

Beca wasn't the only one who couldn't stop thinking about their predicament. Chloe had trouble focusing on anything else besides her relation to Beca's late wife. Chloe liked Beca a lot, she was pretty confident that she was in love with the woman. Chloe didn't want to end things between her and Beca because she was Claire's sister but it did make things awkward because she was Sophie's auntie. That was the main problem. Chloe liked Sophie, she really did. The girl was bright, confident, and fun. Chloe could tell where Sophie got that side of her personality from.

Once Beca and Chloe figured out who Chloe was earlier in the day, Beca left with Sophie and didn't say anything else. Chloe had sent Beca several messages and was tempted to call Beca but she didn't want to push the brunette. Chloe knew Beca well enough to know that when things got tough or anything like that, Beca needed space. There was nothing malicious about it, it's just who Beca was and Chloe both understood and respected that but now things were a bit different. Chloe wanted Beca to talk to her. She wanted to sort things out because they couldn't avoid each other, especially since Chloe was Sophie's new teacher. Hours went by and Chloe still didn't hear anything from Beca so she decided to call her and thankfully, Beca answered after a few rings.

"Hey, Chloe," Beca spoke softly.

"Hey, Becs... I think we should talk."

"I know we should but... what's there to talk about?"

"Beca, we've been dating for months now and the feelings we have for each other are real. We can't just dismiss them because I'm Claire's sister and Sophie's auntie."

"I know but... Chloe, how do we get through this? I thought you looked a lot like my wife and now I know it's because you're my wife's sister!"

"It's a shock to me, too, but you didn't know that when you met me. We got to know each other and look at where that got us. We were ready to take the next step in our relationship by introducing me to Sophie but now... Now what?"

Beca sighed. "I don't know, Chlo. I really don't. I'm stumped and so confused."

"Why are you confused?"

"Because I... I..."

"You what?"

"You... You look a lot like my wife, Chloe, and..."