Chapter CLXXXI - Bechloe: On My Mind

Baby, I've got you on my mind
I need you by my side
I won't take no from you this time
Baby, I've got you on my mind

Everything about the woman was enough to entrance Beca. She was gorgeous. She danced so carefreely. She was so full of life. She was so happy. She was everything Beca was not but that was exactly what drew the brunette in. Beca had only planned to go to the club that night. Just the one time. It was only with her friends for a birthday but Beca soon found every excuse she could to go to that same club every Saturday night and every time, that woman was there - red hair, blue eyes, and the body of a goddess.

Every time Beca saw her, she couldn't look away. People swarmed the redhead as they tried to dance with her but the woman was beating to the sound of her own drum. She was in her own world. She didn't care about others pining for her attention. She was there to have fun of her own. It was as if she were the only person to exist and, to Beca, she was. It was as if everyone in the club faded and she was dancing alone with Beca watching from afar, enjoying the view of the angel on the dancefloor. Many times Beca tried to approach her but the woman was confidence that came to life and there was no confidence in Beca. Every night, Beca would go home thinking of the woman, hoping that she would gather the courage to approach her but every Saturday that rolled around, Beca stood hopelessly watching the woman have the time of her life.

Beca resented herself for not doing anything but what could she have done? There was the most gorgeous woman and there was Beca - a short, grumpy alt-girl, who just wanted to be left alone. There was no way the redhead would have been interested. On the dancefloor, Beca noticed both women and men dancing with the redhead but Beca was certain there was no chance she'd gain the redhead's attention. But how wrong she was. This particular Saturday, Beca sat at the bar watching the redhead once more but turned away when she noticed the woman approach the bar. Beca almost fell off her chair when the woman brushed her shoulder with her own. She smelt like flowers and sugar. Her hair was lustrous like a ruby. Her eyes resembled the sky. Her skin was flawless. She was perfection on legs.

"So, are you going to just sit there all night?"

A voice pulled Beca out of her thoughts. She turned to it and the redhead was staring right at her, merely a few inches away to speak over the deafening music. Beca felt faint. The woman made her speechless.

"I'll take that as a yes," she giggled. "Buy me a drink then?"

Beca only managed a nod as the redhead ordered what she wanted. Beca couldn't tear her eyes away. This gorgeous woman was right in front of her and talking to her. It was insane.

"Thanks," She held up her drink, locking eyes with Beca as she drank. "So, I'll ask you again - are you going to just sit there? Or are you going to get up and dance with me?"

Beca's heart jumped into her throat. She had no idea what was happening. It felt like a dream but when the redhead placed her hand on her thigh and leaned in to her ear, Beca felt more alive than ever.

"I've seen you looking at me so come and dance."

Beca made an inaudable noise that she never thought she could make. Possessed, Beca let the redhead take her hand and lead her onto the dancefloor.

Baby, I've got you on my mind
I need you by my side
I won't take no from you this time
Baby, I've got you on my mind

Beca wasn't sure how she managed it but she was dancing but more importantly, she was dancing with her. The redhead moved her body like a pro and Beca felt like she was in heaven. The woman was so close to her they may as well have been hanging off one another until they were. The woman took Beca's hands and thrust them upon her hips as she stepped closer to fold her arms around Beca's neck. Beca was sure she was going to collapse but a simple kiss brought her back to life. The woman's lips were soft and a paradise of their own. Beca's arms found their way around the woman's hips, pressing them together. She felt a low moan roll into her mouth, which she accepted fully.

"Can I take you on a date?" Asked the redhead.

Beca finally found her voice. "A-a date?"

"Yes," she kissed Beca's ear. "But I want to take you home first. I've been coming here every Saturday, waiting for you to dance with me. I can't wait anymore. Come home with me."

All Beca could do was kiss the redhead again, emitting another noise from the woman who took that as her cue to clasp Beca's hand and pull her off the dancefloor.

Beca didn't care how her back hurt when the redhead slammed her against the wall of her apartment. She didn't care how her neck was going to be covered in love bites the following day. She didn't care if she woke the woman's neighbours. She didn't care if she couldn't walk the following day. All that mattered was that moment. Hours later, Beca was exhausted. It was undoubtedly the best experience she had ever had. She felt as if she had lost half of her body weight in sweat.

"I'm Chloe, by the way," the redhead spoke, breathless.

"Beca," she turned her head, met eyes with Chloe, and smiled.

Lyrics used: On My Mind by Mashd N Kutcher