Chapter CXXXVIII - Bechloe: Old Feelings

Idea by user86973113

"Chloe?"

"Beca?"

Seeing each other in a grocery store wasn't how Beca and Chloe intended to meet. After their mutual break up several years ago, the two women moved on with their lives but the thing was, neither of them truly stopped thinking about each other so seeing one another now was strange, to say the least.

"H, hi!" Beca chuckled.

"Hi!" In true Chloe form, she opened up her arms and engulfed Beca in a hug. "I've missed you!"

"I've missed you, too!" Beca held Chloe tightly but only briefly before letting go.

"It's so good to see you again!"

"Likewise! How are you? What have you been doing? It's been a while."

"It sure has been! I've been doing well. I'm still a vet."

"Are you liking it?"

"Yes. I love it. It's the best job ever."

"You always were good with animals."

"I know. I love working with them but it's so hard when I have to put them down or let them go home. If I could, I'd take all of them home with me."

Beca laughed. "I know you would. I'd be very surprised if you didn't think that way."

Chloe giggled and it made Beca's heart skip a beat. Beca tried hard not to think about Chloe over the years and she did a good job since her career as a famous music producer kept her busy. Even though the two women hadn't seen each other in a few years, Chloe still managed to make Beca feel things nobody else could.

"What about you?" Chloe probed. "How are you going, Miss World-Famous Music Producer?"

"I'm going well."

"Well? You must be better than that! Surely!"

"Oh, you know me, Chlo - I'm not one to make a big fuss about things."

"Yes, that's true," she nodded. "I'm proud of you."

"Thanks, Chlo."

"I am. You've come so far and I knew you were going to end up doing what you loved regardless."

Regardless... The word caught Beca off guard, making her lower her head and draw her eyes away from Chloe's and that made the redhead realise what she just said.

"Shit... Bec, I didn't mean it like that-"

"No, it's fine. I get it."

Chloe sighed softly. "It was hard but we wanted the best for each other."

"We did," Beca nodded, looking up at Chloe again. "Let's not focus on that though. It's in the past and we have our own lives now. It was for the best."

"It was. I'm still proud of you though."

"Thank you. I'm proud of you, too. You'd be an amazing vet - I'm sure of it."

"And you'd be an amazing artist and that's a FACT because I've listened to your music and it's mindblowing."

"Thank you," Beca couldn't help but blush a little.

There was an awkward silence - something Beca and Chloe had hardly ever experienced. The last time they remembered having an awkward silence was when there was a heavy sexual tension between the two women back in their Barden days. So it had been years since they encountered another awkward silence. There was so much to say - so much to talk about - but neither of them spoke of it.