Chapter CXLV - Bechloe: Babysitter

Idea by user86973113

Chloe was fed up. Totally at her wit's end. Babysitter after babysitter and none of them stayed. They couldn't stay. Five-year-old Charlie Beale was a total nightmare to control and Chloe knew it but she needed someone to look after him while she was at work. Chloe loved her job as a singer but she hated not being with her son and it broke the redhead's heart. Because the twenty-eight-year-old artist lived in Los Angeles, it meant that she couldn't rely on her parents to look after Charlie since they lived in Florida. Chloe really was stuck until one night, she came across a flyer for a baby sitter.

Chloe looked at the ad and quickly took note of the name and number and called the woman later that night where they arranged for her to come up to Chloe's house the following day. However, what Chloe didn't expect was to find a woman who looked the total opposite of a baby sitter. She sported dark eyeliner, and a rather punk look with jeans, boots, and flannel.

"Beca Mitchell?" Chloe checked.

"Yep. That's me," she smiled meagerly. "Chloe Beale. I never thought I'd meet you. I love your work."

"Oh, thank you. Please, come in."

Beca walked into Chloe's house, which was immaculate and grand. Beca hadn't seen anything like it.

"Would you like anything to eat or drink?" Chloe offered, leading Beca into her pristine marble-top kitchen.

"No, thank you."

"Okay. Please, take a seat."

Beca sat at the bench.

"I appreciate you coming on such short notice," Chloe began.

"No worries."

"Now, as you know, you're looking after my son, Charlie."

"Yes."

"There are a few things you need to know about him and I hope this doesn't put you off but he's a troublemaker. I've gone through at least ten babysitters because they couldn't handle him. I don't know why he just can behave with them but he can't. He is extremely unruly and I need someone to put in boundaries with him. He acts out with me a lot and it's getting harder to manage."

"Oh... Okay. Do you know why he's acting out?"

"If I knew I would put a stop to it. Anyway, I've written out a list of things Charlie likes to do, what he likes to eat, when his mealtimes are, nap times, and all of that. I'll just go and get Charlie. Please, take a seat in the living room where it's more comfortable and have a read through the list. I won't be long."

"Sure."

Beca took the list and walked into Chloe's large living room with white couches and glass coffee tables. Beca was scared to even breathe in such a luxurious home. It was evident that Chloe had done well for herself and never in her wildest dreams did Beca think that she'd babysit for Chloe Beale - one of the best artists around.

Beca continued to wait in the living room quietly until she heard some rustling behind the couch opposite her. She frowned and saw the curtains shift. Beca deduced that it was Chloe's dog Billie but when she saw brown hair and bright blue eyes poke out from the side of the couch, she thought differently.

"Charlie?" Beca spoke.

"Shh..." He said, pressing his index finger against his lips. "Mommy is looking for me."

"Why are you whispering?"

"I'm not allowed to be in here."

"Why not?"