Chapter XXV - Bechloe: Crazy, Crazy, Crazy

Idea by user86973133

Beca Mitchell was nervous about starting out her first day at Barden High. She wasn't usually the nervous type but she was especially nervous because she was starting out her final year at a brand new school - Barden High. Beca didn't know anybody so she was going to have to mingle with people who already had established friend groups. Beca wasn't the sociable type so she liked to sit alone during recess and lunch but one day, the brunette was sitting out on the oval listening to some music when she was interrupted when a bunch of girls approached her.

"Hey," one girl smiled.

"Hey..." Beca responded, standoffish.

"I'm Stacie. You're the new girl, right?"

"I suppose..."

"Don't be nervous. You'll like it here." Stacie sat next to her as did the other members of her group. "As I said, I'm Stacie and this is Fat Amy, Cynthia-Rose, and Jesse."

"Hi," Beca smiled faintly at everyone who smiled back.

"We saw you sitting by yourself so we thought we'd come up and say hi."

"Well... Hi."

Stacie laughed. "So, Beca, what brings to you Barden High?"

"Ah... My dad and I moved over here a few months ago."

"Where are you from?"

"Seattle."

"Oh, wow. That's quite a distance."

"Yeah. He got a job down at the university here so we moved."

"Is it just you two?"

Beca nodded.

"Oh... Okay. What subjects are you taking this year?"

Beca handed the tall brunette her timetable, not really interested in speaking too much.

"We've got a few of the same classes. We should totally buddy up in History!"

"Yeah, she would buddy up with you in Math but she's trying to get into someone's pants..." The Australian said.

"Amy!" Stacie scoffed.

"Oh, don't even start with that! You've been after Posen for months!"

"It's not my fault that she's a stick in the mud."

"I think the only way she's going to know you like her is if you kiss her or put your hand up her skirt."

"As much as I want to do both, preferably at the same time, I might not need to go to that extreme."

"Oh? Do tell."

"Our Math teacher gave us seating arrangements so I'm sitting next to her for the rest of the year."

"Oh! Nice one!" Fat Amy high-fived the brunette who was smiling proudly. "If you play your cards right, you might end up having a nice and sweet relationship like Cynthia-Rose and Denise who by the way are staying strong after two years at different schools. Up top, CR."

The girl laughed as she high-fived the Australian.

"Your girlfriend goes to another school?" Beca asked.

"Yeah," she nodded.

"How are you still together?"

"We see each other pretty much every day. We live a few houses down from each other so it's not hard to put the effort in."