Chapter CII - Bechloe: Don't Kid Yourself (Part 2)

Beca was hurt by what Chloe said. It was so obvious that the redhead was jealous but she was too stubborn to admit it and it pissed Beca off. Beca was a no-nonsense person and she hated it when people messed around with her and didn't admit to things that they should. However, Beca was a bit guilty of doing the same since she was quite stubborn and had an attitude but she was getting better. Ever since she met Chloe and started sneaking around with her, she was able to open up a bit more and be more honest and humble.

After a rather uncomfortable day at work, Beca returned home still annoyed at Chloe. She wanted to text or ring Chloe and give her a piece of her mind but she decided against it in the end. As much as Beca wanted to confront Chloe again, she knew it was Chloe's problem and it was Chloe's loss. If she truly wasn't ready to accept that she was jealous and "not gay", then there was nothing Beca could have done about it. It annoyed Beca a lot because she knew Chloe was being stubborn but more so because the brunette secretly had feelings for Chloe. Chloe was amazing and Beca loved being with her. Even though they were just sneaking around, it was still enjoyable and Beca DID want more with Chloe but Chloe was still struggling with her sexuality even though it was obvious (to Beca anyway).

"I don't know what to do, Aims..." Beca uttered to her roommate as they were sitting on the couch eating pizza and watching TV.

"Just move on, B," the Australian answered casually.

"I can't just move on."

"Why not?"

"Because... It's not that simple."

"Look, I know you like her but she can't keep screwing around with you like this. If she keeps throwing this "I'm not gay" bullshit at you then you don't want someone like that. If she's not ready to accept the fact that she's gay for you, then don't bother."

Beca sighed softly. "I suppose you're right... I can't keep waiting around for her. She was so stubborn and so pissy. It was hot but she just doesn't get it. I can't keep doing this with her if she's not willing to see the truth about the situation."

"Say that to her. If I were you, I'd look into Claire."

"Claire?"

"Yep."

"Why?"

"Why? Come on, Beca - she's hot. I mean, I'm not gay but I can appreciate a good looking woman and Claire is it."

"What about Chloe?"

"Yeah, she's good looking but she's a ginger so that's kinda off-putting. For me anyway."

Beca chuckled with a shake of her head.

"But seriously, I'd do something about Claire."

Beca wasn't sure about just dropping Chloe but the brunette had enough of Chloe's shenanigans. They had been fooling around for a while and Chloe STILL couldn't admit that she was gay for Beca and Beca didn't have time for that. Beca wanted a real woman. She wanted someone who stood out from the crowd.

"Yeah, I think you might be right," Beca agreed.

"That's my girl."

Beca touched her beer bottle with Amy's, feeling relieved.

~

Chloe wasn't happy about how she left things with Beca the previous day. The redhead cared about Beca a lot but she wasn't ready to confront her sexuality. Chloe was still confused and she was having a mental battle with herself. Yes, she liked Beca and she had fun with her but to actually BE with Beca and be exclusive... That made Chloe feel very unnerved so it was just easier not to think about it at all.