Chapter XXX - Bechloe: Secrets & Lies

Idea by user86973113

Chloe's POV

Beca Mitchell - the love of your life. You were with her for ten years. You met at Barden University at the activities fair and you knew that it was love at first sight. You fell head over heels in love with her and after hooking up at the aca-initiation party, you two were inseparable. You had gone through so much together and you knew that Beca was the one for you. You just knew it in your heart, mind, and gut - she was the one. Everything was going perfectly for you two until one day, Beca just left. She didn't say anything. She just upped and left you. You looked for her everywhere and you couldn't find her until your best friend Aubrey told you that Beca had gone because she needed to sort her life out. That's all she said and you had no idea what to think of that. That was so unlike Beca and it worried you but Aubrey told you that you weren't to worry. Beca didn't want you to worry but how could you have not? Your girlfriend of ten years just left you out of the blue without giving any explanation or without saying goodbye.

You did everything you could to get in touch with Beca again but nothing you did worked. You didn't want to give up but after a while, you stopped trying and you moved on the best you could. It has been five years since that happened and you still think of Beca every day. It hurts to think about her since you still love her and you want to find her but Aubrey says that she's fine. You know that Aubrey still keeps in contact with Beca and she tells you that Beca is fine but at this stage, you're too angry at Beca to know what's going on with her. At first, you were upset and worried but as time went on, you got really angry at the brunette and now you don't really care about her anymore. You're quite content on not seeing her again but you know that will be inevitable when you see her at Aubrey's wedding this weekend.

Aubrey is getting married to Stacie and you're so happy for them. You did quite a lot with both of them with Beca. You often went on double dates and you all had a wonderful time together. You shared a lot of good memories and moments with each other but it was different now. Now, you were watching your best friend walk down the aisle to the love of her life. You hoped that you and Beca would have gotten married first but Beca is gone so you can't think about it since it's too painful. Ever since Beca left, you haven't taken anybody else. You can't. Even though you're angry at Beca, you can't see yourself with anyone other than her. Beca was your everything and you were looking at engagement rings for her before she left you. The memories hurt so it's easier to just shut them out, just like Beca would.

The days roll by quickly and you're at Aubrey and Stacie's bachelorette party. They decided to share one instead of having a separate one, which makes sense since they have the same group of friends. You are all out at a fancy nightclub having fun. Aubrey and Stacie are all over each other. It's cute but also kind of gross when they stick their tongues down each other's throats. You're happy for your best friend but there are some things that you don't need to see. You enjoy the drinks that are going around and you don't want to get too drunk since you're Aubrey's Maid of Honour and you don't want to rock up at her wedding with an awful hangover. Aubrey has been stressing a lot about her wedding and it's been your job to calm her down, which hasn't always been easy. You know that tomorrow will be a big day since Aubrey will be fretting from head to toe. Part of you wishes that you were Stacie's Maid of Honour since Stacie is very laid back.

You stick to your rule and don't consume too much alcohol and you watch Aubrey's alcohol intake as well since you don't want her to be hungover tomorrow either. You can only just deal with a stressed Aubrey so there's no way you'd be able to deal with a hungover Aubrey on top of that. Thankfully, when you switch Aubrey's vodka blended drinks with non-alcoholic ones, she doesn't notice. She drinks them as if they are alcohol but you don't mind. As long as she's not hungover the next day, that's all that matters. It gets late rather quickly and everyone goes back to their respective rooms in their hotel. Aubrey and Stacie decided to get married in South Carolina where Aubrey grew up so everybody had to travel there and stay in a hotel for the weekend. You and Aubrey share a room while Stacie and Fat Amy share another. You put Aubrey to bed and it's rather annoying since she keeps whining that she wants to be with Stacie but you keep reminding her about the rule where two people who are about to get married can't see each other until the next day.