Chapter LXXV - Staubrey: My Time With You

Idea by WaytooHaughtBechloe

Ten years ago Stacie made the biggest mistake of her life. She was with the love of her life when she made the mistake. However, she and Aubrey had a massive argument, which spiraled out of control. Stacie left in a rage, went to the nearest bar, got drunk, and had a one-night stand with a random man who, unfortunately, wasn't smart nor safe. Several weeks later, Stacie discovered she was pregnant and with that information being a shock to Aubrey's system, the blonde left and never spoke to Stacie again.

Stacie was heartbroken and not a day went by where she didn't think of the blonde. Aubrey was Stacie's love and she missed the woman more than anything. It was hard being a single mother but Stacie loved little Alexis and it was nice it just being the two of them. Stacie often wondered what it would have been like to have Aubrey help raise Alexis with her. Stacie knew Aubrey wanted kids one day and remembered how good the older woman was with them. Stacie knew she could have had all of that with Aubrey if she didn't leave that night. It was the biggest mistake Stacie ever made and it was the biggest regret she ever had. She never forgave herself for what happened and she knew she never would.

But Stacie didn't want to think about that right now. The leggy brunette was on her way to see Beca and Chloe for dinner. Stacie hadn't seen her best friends in a while since Beca was off touring and Chloe took her holidays early to go with her. Stacie often envied Beca and Chloe's relationship. They were so happy together and they always supported one another. They were perfect for each other and Stacie wished so much that was her and Aubrey. It used to be her and Aubrey but Stacie screwed that up big time.

"There she is!" Chloe beamed once she opened the door to the brunette.

"Hey!" Stacie beamed and hugged the redhead.

"Come in! Beca's just finishing dinner." Chloe pulled Stacie inside.

"Beca cooking? Really?"

"Yes, she's gotten quite good recently."

"So the chances of me getting food poisoning has slightly decreased then?"

"Bite me, Conrad, or else you won't be getting any food," came Beca's voice from the kitchen.

"Oh, no! Whatever will I do?" She teased but Beca just flipped her the bird.

Stacie laughed at her then looked at the dining table that was only partially set.

"Only for two, Chloe?" Stacie questioned.

Chloe looked at the dining table and noticed two seats set up for dinner.

"Oh! I knew I forgot to do something. I've been so busy getting tonight organised that I've been all over the place. Don't worry, I'll put another one down when we're ready to eat."

"Okay."

Chloe helped Beca with the rest of the dinner and just when it was about to be served, the doorbell rang. Beca and Chloe stopped what they were doing and looked at each other. Stacie watched them mumble a few words to each other, totally confused at what was going on.

"Did you want me to get it?" Stacie offered.

"No!" The couple answered, stunning Stacie.

"Okay..."

Chloe whispered a few things to Beca, which made Beca nod and utter something back before Chloe left the kitchen.

"What was that about?" Stacie asked.

"Oh, nothing. We're expecting a delivery and we told them to come tonight so Chloe's just gone to sort it out."

"Odd time to get a delivery."