Chapter XIV - Bechloe: One, Twice, Thrice, No.

Idea by @CBClay

"And there's your baby!" The doctor said as she found the sweet spot in Chloe's stomach.

"Oh my God!" Chloe squealed. "There she is, Becs!"

"Oh my God..." Beca uttered, tears forming in her eyes. "That's our little girl..."

"It is!"

"I'm so proud of you..." Beca kissed Chloe's hand as she continued to stare at the ultrasound monitor.

"Oh," the doctor said, which caught the attention of both mothers immediately.

"Oh, what?" Beca probed.

"Let me just adjust this here..." The doctor moved the tool on Chloe's stomach, shifting away from the image of Beca and Chloe's baby. "Oh... oh, wow."

"Oh, wow what, dude?" Beca snapped.

"Beca," Chloe warned calmly, squeezing her wife's hand in reassurance.

Beca pursed her lips and kept her mouth shut for the sake of her wife. If it wasn't obvious already, Beca was VERY protective over her pregnant wife.

"Is everything okay, doctor?" Chloe asked.

"Yes, it's just... it looks like your little one isn't alone in there."

"She's not?"

"No,"

"Twins?"

"No," she chuckled. "Congratulations, Mrs Mitchell, you've got triplets!"

Beca's mouth dropped open. "T, t, triplets?"

"Are you sure?" Chloe asked.

"Quite. If you look on the monitor here, you can see these three little blips here..." The doctor pointed them out to Beca and Chloe who couldn't believe it.

"How is that even possible?" Beca questioned.

"Well, it's rather complicated but to put it simply, your DNA was able to fertilise three eggs instead of just one."

"Even though we did it through IVF?"

"It's extremely rare but it happens and here you are with three babies on the way."

Chloe laughed at the sight of her wife. Beca's eyes looked like they were going to pop out of her head.

"You've got some strong swimmers there, babe," Chloe teased, rubbing Beca's arm.

"What can I say? They see something good and they go for it."

Chloe giggled and kissed her wife's hand.

"I'll print you out a copy of the ultrasound," the doctor said, wiping the gel off of Chloe's belly and turning off the machine.

"Thank you, doctor," Chloe smiled.

"You're welcome. I'll be back in a minute." The doctor smiled then left the room, allowing Chloe to finished cleaning her stomach.

"Three kids..." Beca uttered, sitting back in her seat.

"Are you okay with that?"

"I guess I have to be."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, it's not like we can do anything about it."

"You're not really filling me with confidence here, Becs. Do you not want three kids?"

"It's not that I don't want them, it's just I didn't expect them to all come at once. I wanted to ease into motherhood and get used to having a kid running around before we decide if we want more but now I won't get a choice. I'll be forced into looking after three kids and if I screw one kid up, I'll screw the other kids up, too!"