36 | Her Snapshots

SUTTON36

SUTTON
36. her snapshots

I leaned my hand against my cheek. I trailed my empty hand down to the end of Keegan's shirt, rubbing the tips of the delicate fabric as I gazed out of the window, a dopey smile on my face.

The rosy morning left the sun shining into the vast windows adding a pale golden gleam against the walls and countertops. Wispy clouds marked the dazzlingly azure sky. The warm aroma of pancakes reached my nose as it overlapped with the chocolate from the brownies.

Rolling my shoulders, I took a deep, satisfying breath before slowing turning towards my half-eaten plate ahead of me. A mix of pancakes and brownie crumbs drenched in sugary syrup laid on my plate as the light gleamed against its crystal white complexion.

I smile to myself as I think of the last couple of days. Although I know this is EXTREMELY stupid and I might be one of the dumbest people alive but I've been staying at Keegan's place for a while. And the words "for a while" actually mean four days.

Usually, I don't do this.

I don't do the whole dating thing and I definitely don't spend the night either, but I feel like this is different.

Although things feel as if they're speeding up; they're actually slowing down. For the past few days, I've been learning more about Keegan, than anything. For example, when he was a kid, he used to jump out of the bathtub naked and run away from his nannies (and he doesn't do this anymore, he promised me). Whilst learning about each other, I've been filling Keegan in on the missed cooking lessons he never learned as a teenager. Yesterday's lesson was about hotdogs and how to boil water. I swear it's almost as if he's never seen liquid steam up before.

I picked up the silver fork next to me before digging into my plate. Plopping a small piece of the chocolate baked treat into my mouth, I moaned softly. Crunchy on the outside, gooey on the inside. And to almost think we almost burnt them all because of Keegan's wandering hands.

Speaking of someone's wandering hands, I felt someone wrap their arms around me and nuzzle their nose into my neck.

"Good morning," I hear him mutter before lightly kissing my skin. His voice makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up in attention.

"Good morning."

He pulls his head away from my neck to peek at my plate. I could practically hear the whining in his voice. "You made food without me?"

I turned my head towards him, "you woke up too late." The tragic pout he gave me was obviously a ploy, I could see the way his eyes glistened with bliss— something I was starting to get used to in our time spent together. I couldn't help myself... I pressed my lips against him in a quick peck.

"There's some on the counter for you," I muttered against his lips.

I could feel him smile before he plucked the side of my panties, "next time, wake me up," he let me go before walking away to go get his plate, "I don't care— we're cooking together."