08 | Firecracker

SUTTON08

SUTTON
08. firecracker

On the outside, the mansion drew the appearance of a 17th-century French chateau equips with a glorious garden, spectacular fountains and luscious maze. Vintage pillars soar to the sky as it stood in front of the dark wooden door, showing to anyone who dared to walk up to the property that they'll never be good enough.

Keegan straightened up his tie before knocking on the door. "Smile." He told me and in an instant, the front door popped open and out came a woman with golden blonde hair, clear-cut pale complexion, and crisp green eyes. She smiled, her purely whites shining, "Dew Drop!" she announced with an exotic accent slipping into the word.

Dew Drop?

She pulled him into a tight hug before turning her attention to me and pulling me into one too.

"You must be my little Dew Drop's girlfriend. My name's Abigail."

Oh, no, oh, no. Human contact. Abort! Abort! My mind raced as I slowly wrapped my hands around the woman I didn't know and a whiff of strong perfume hit my face, burning the insides of my nose.

"I'm Sutton."

She finally pulled away from me and flashed me a bright, kind smile. And I had no choice but to do the same. "Come. Come in." She opened the door up wider before waving us inside the house. 

The inside was as luxurious as the front entrance area.

A large chandelier hung gloriously from the roof of the four-story home which was decorated with a pastel theme. The airy room stretched out to reach an ivory staircase which leads upstairs to rooms of the unknown.

Abigail leads us towards the dining room and I pulled Keegan close to me before whispering in his ear.

"Dew Drop?"

A small chuckle came from my lips as I mutter the term of endearment and Keegan scoffed.

"Whatever. Let's just get this over, Firecracker."

Firecracker?

"You know what, you can kiss my—"

"Sutton!" A familiar voice called out to me and I was again wrapped into the person's arms.

What is up with this family and thinking that everyone wants a hug, you've just met me, and you're already violating my personal space. This is why I have trust issues.