19 | Animals

SUTTON19

SUTTON
19. singing

Keegan decided to put away all of his wealthy cars and to drive something more discrete. A large red Ford truck.

"So where are we going exactly?" Keegan implored as the GPS from his phone that I held in my hand blared out the next direction.

"Nope, not telling you." I hummed happily as the car bumped up and down on the dirt road.

"Well, will you tell me how long I have left to drive?" His fingers strummed peacefully along with the steering wheel.

"Nope."

"Wow, tough."

"Yep," I nod before reaching over and twisting the nobs to the radio trying to pick a song.

"What are you doing?" A smooth grin slips onto Keegan's lips as his eyes leave the road for a second to peer at me.

"Looking for a song," My eyebrows wrinkled in concentration.

"You're not going to find anything worth listening to on the radio," he shook his head in disapproval before jabbing a finger towards the glove department. "Look in there, I have a couple of albums."

I raise an eyebrow before I decide to trust him and click open the glove department to find a couple of CDs wrapped in plastic bags, each with the name and song engraved in Sharpie on them. "Albums. Do you mean these plastic sandwich bags? Why are they all organized?"

Keegan scoffed before rolling down the two front windows, leaving our hair to be softly blown by the wind. "I haven't been in the truck since I started college, alright. It was a phase, okay? I thought I was cool."

"So early 2010's Alternative music was cool to you?"

Keegan lets out a velvety laugh before he gently nudges me with the palm of his hand, an expression of arrogance reign over him. "No judging, we agreed on that."

"It was judging," I leaned into him before whispering loud enough so he could still hear me, "it's was teasing."

Keegan's face begins to flush, adding a tint of pink to his cheeks and I burst out in complete laughter.

He waves me off before he starts to reach for the CDs in my hands. "If you're not going pick out a song then give those to me."

I tuck them into my body as I bring my body together. "NO... I'll pick." I try to get the words out as I giggle.

"Good." Keegan brings his hand back to the steering wheel as he turns.