Shade#191 (S9): Rebound

CUT TO: ROOFTOP

EXT. ROOFTOP- NIGHT

RONIN RUNS AT SHADE AND SWIPES AT HIM A COUPLE OF TIMES. SHADE DODGES THE ATTACKS AND THEN PULLS OUT HIS LIGHT WEAPON AND TRANSFORMS IT INTO A TOMAHAWK. SHADE THEN BLOCKS RONIN'S ATTACKS UNTIL HE IS PUSHED BACK INTO AN AIR CONDITIONING UNIT. SHADE SINKS ONTO THE AIR CONDITIONING UNIT AS RONIN SWIPES AT HIM THEN SCALES UPWARD AND JUMPS INTO THE AIR. SHADE THEN LANDS BEHIND RONIN AND CREATES SHADOW CLONES WHICH BEGIN TO RUN AT RONIN. AS THE CLONES ATTACK RONIN SEEMINGLY WITHOUT EFFORT DISPATCHES THEM.

[Shade]

(Thinking)

And he's saying that he's not at his full strength. They didn't even manage to touch him!

RONIN RUSHES AT SHADE AND SHADE RUNS AT RONIN. THE TWO THEN BEGIN TO THROW A BARRAGE OF ATTACKS AT EACH OTHER WITH NEITHER OF THEM LANDING A CLEAN ATTACK. SHADE KEEPS MOVING AROUND RONIN SEEMINGLY TRYING TO GET IN A BLIND SPOT.

[Ronin]

Just exactly what are you trying to accomplish? Do you really think that you could ever hope to have some sort of an advantage over me? If you ask me, it's pretty cheap to try and attack from a blindspot!

RONIN JUMPS BACKWARDS AND SPINS AROUND SWIPING AT SHADE. SHADE BLOCKS THE ATTACK AND RONIN BEGINS TO GO ON THE OFFENSIVE AGAIN. SHADE BLOCKS AND TRIES TO ATTACK BUT RONIN IS MORE ATTACKING IN THE BOUT. SHADE BACKS OFF FOR A FEW SECONDS AND TRIES TO REST. SHADE THEN FEELS HIS WOUNDS IN HIS WOUNDS ACHING HIM AND RONIN CHUCKLES.

[Shade]

What's so funny?

[Ronin]

I find it funny that you've made it this far. I feel that if I hadn't had Dossier call the police station that right now you would have still been looking for TV Master and Phantasmagoria.

[Shade]

That was you?

[Ronin]

It was. I hate to admit it but I had high hopes for you Shade. I really did. You managed to really impede my plans that day you through me in front of that explosion. I suffered quite a bit of burning and I wouldn't have pulled through if it were not for the fact that I knew that you were the only one standing in between those detestable, aristocratic imbeciles.

[Shade]

Where's this braggadocios attitude coming from? I won our last fight, remember? 

[Ronin]

No. I didn't say all of that just then as a sign of arrogance. I said it to make a point. I killed Roman, the head of one of the most notorious gangs that this city has ever seen, while he was in the custody of BRPD. And I did that without ever even coming close to breaking a sweat. Imagine what I could do if I really decided to. I could storm in, slaughter all those cops like animals. And I wonder who you be the most crestfallen to learn that I had killed. 

SHADE GLARES AT RONIN.

[Ronin]

...You and Officer Anderson seem to spend a lot of time together.

SHADE RUSHES AT RONIN WITH A BURST OF SPEED AND SWIPES AT HIM WITH THE TOMAHAWK. RONIN BLOCKS THE ATTACK AND ACTUALLY STRUGGLES TO KEEP HIS GROUND.

[Shade]

You make a threat like that, you better be willing to die for it!

[Ronin]

Did that light a fire under you? Really? The way you made that threat it sounds almost like you could have killed me. But we both know that's not the case, you don't have the stomach for it. I wonder what it was that did it. Who knows? And who really gives a damn?  Either way, it's a shame to see the fire in your eyes now because you don't have the same fire when it comes to this city! Look at the world around you. I'm sure with everything that you've gotten involved in that you've seen it with your own eyes the corruption that plagues us and still you drag your feet! You don't have what it takes to make real and lasting change.