Shade#81 (S5): Decisions, decisions

CUT TO: DOWNTOWN DISTRICT

EXT. CHARLIE'S BURGERS - EARLY NIGHT

DRAY'S STOMACH GROWLS AS HE BEGINS TO WALK INTO CHARLIE'S

[Dray]

(Thinking)

Oh, man. I haven't eaten anything since lunchtime at school. I'm actually kind of glad that Maurice invited me to this little get-together.

[Maurice]

(From seating area)

Yo, Dray!

DRAY TURNS TO FIND MAURICE STANDING AGAINST A LIGHT POLE NEAR A SEATING AREA. DRAY WALKS OVER TO WHERE MAURICE IS.

[Dray]

What're you doin'? Are you gonna get something to eat?

[Maurice]

Nigga I didn't tell you to come out here to eat.

[Dray]

Hmm, I find it weird that you called me out here at all considering what went down the other day.

[Maurice]

Yeah, me too. After you left me out to dry, I really didn't want to see your punk face. Just looking at you now makes me want to puke.

[Dray]

Well, it was good to see you too. I'm actually kinda hungry so I'm just gonna—!

[Maurice]

I wasn't done talking!

[Dray]

Okay...—!

[Maurice]

It must be really nice to just walk away, huh? You turned your back on me without a second thought. Must really think you're better than me, huh?

[Dray]

I never said that.

[Maurice]

You didn't have to. You couldn't be there for one lousy drop. You didn't even try.

[Dray]

Dude, I told you. I'm not getting involved in this stuff. There are other choices out there man. You don't have to do this.

[Maurice]

I'm not breaking my back for some cooperation or trying to play pseudo-slave and doing yard work. I've got more pride than that! My life should be better than that! I'm worried about getting the paper. I also wanted to tell you that everything went better than expected and I got something extra for my troubles. Something maybe you would have got if you weren't such a weak-hearted punk!

MAURICE AND DRAY HAVE A STARE DOWN WITH DRAY GLARING AT MAURICE AND MAURICE SMIRKING SMUGLY AT DRAY. A COP CAR PULLS INTO THE PARKING LOT OF CHARLIE'S, PARKS NEAR DRAY AND MAURICE, AND GETS OUT OF HIS CAR BEGINNING TO WALK OVER TO WHERE THE DUO IS.

[Cop#1]

Hey, you two, I need to see some I.D.

[Dray]

I.D.? Dude, I don't have I.D. I'm 15.

[Cop#1]

Really? Isn't that convenient?

[Dray]

Guess so. 

[Cop#1]

What about your friend?

[Maurice]

Sorry, I don't have any ID either. I left my wallet at home.

[Cop#1]