Shade#64 (S4): Cat and mouse

CUT TO: DOWNTOWN DISTRICT

INT. JUNCTION BRIDGE COFFEE SHOP - EARLY AFTERNOON

DRAY SITS ACROSS FROM TORIA AT A SMALL TABLE WHILE THEY BOTH SIP ON COFFEE.

[Toria]

So... gargoyles?

[Dray]

Well, actually, gargoyle. There's just the one.

[Toria]

How is this even possible? Why here of all places?

[Dray]

Your guess is as good as mine. I've got nothing to do with that thing.

DRAY AND TORIA TAKE SIPS OF THEIR COFFEE AT THE SAME TIME.

[Toria]

Do you know what it wants?

[Dray]

So, apparently, he wants to kill all humans because he used to help protect the some English kingdom from the Vikings but then the English people got two-faced about what the gargoyles looked like, as you do when you don't need a monster that saved your skin, and got a wizard's help to kill all the gargoyles and they saved him as a trophy.

[Toria]

Great.

[Dray]

Yep. So now I'm looking for a gargoyle on top of everything else that's going on. The bastard's tough too.

[Toria]

Well, he's not technically human so you don't really have to worry about pulling your punches.

[Shade]

I guess not.

TORIA AND DRAY TAKE SIPS OF THEIR COFFEE AT THE SAME TIME.

CUT TO: THE HEIGHTS DISTRICT

INT. EBONY AND ABONY'S HOUSE - MORNING

EBONY TRAINS IN HER BACKYARD BY DOING FLIPS, PUSHUPS, AND SHADOWBOXING. AS EBONY TAKES A BREAK HER PHONE BEGINS TO RING AND SHE ANSWERS IT.

[Ebony]

Talk to me.

[Police Officer]

(Over the phone)

Hey, I just wanted to give you a heads up. From what I've heard Leatherneck is wanted back in Virginia and is going to be transported there in about a week.

[Ebony]

That sounds like music to my ears.

[Police Officer]

(Over the phone)

Mine too. I hope you give that bastard what he deserves.

[Ebony]

He's gonna get that and more. I trust that you were able to use the info we gave you?

[Police Officer]

(Over the phone)

Yeah, we were able to ambush the drug peddlers we've been looking for. They didn't stand a chance.

[Ebony]

Good. Keep me in the loop. If anything changes, I wanna know.

[Police Officer]

(Over the phone)

You've got it.

EBONY HANGS UP THE PHONE AND THEN LOOKS BACK TOWARDS THE HOUSE AS ABONY WALKS OUTSIDE.