Shade#156 (S7): Hidden

CUT TO: WASTELANDS

EXT. LIBRARY- NIGHT

SHADE SIT IN LUCILLA'S LIBRARY LOOKING THROUGH HER BOOKS. AFTER READING THROUGH THE LAST OF SOME BOOKS HE FLIPS THE TABLE IN FRUSTRATION AND A GIRL CHUCKLES. SHADE THEN LOOKS BACK TO SEE THAT NO ONE IS THERE. HE THEN SIGHS AND SINKS INTO THE FLOOR. WHEN THE GIRL WHO WAS SPYING ON SHADE LOOKS BACK SHE SEES THAT HE IS GONE AND WHEN SHE TURNS AROUND SHADE IS STANDING BEHIND HER.

[Shade]

Why the hell are you stalking me?

[???]

I was curious about what you were up to. Stalking is something that men do.

[Shade]

Really? Who told you that?

[???]

I know from experience.

[Shade]

So what you're saying is that you're an asshole.

[???]

And you're a douche.

[Shade]

Piss off. And stop spying on me.

SHADE STARTS OFF. THE GIRL THEN LAUGHS AND BEGINS TO FOLLOW HIM.

[???]

So are you a demon that Lucilla summoned.

[Shade]

Do I look like a demon?

[???]

Yes.

[Shade]

Well, I'm not. I'm human, for the most part.

[???]

You don't look human.

[Shade]

I don't have to look human to be human.

[???]

And why is that?

[Shade]

Look, whoever you are, I know that there has to be something that you could be doing other than annoying the hell outta me. So why don't you just go and do that?

[???]

Because I'm interested to see if you can pull it off.

[Shade]

What are you talking about?

[???]

I want to see if you can best Lucilla. She always gets what she wants. She's made quite the habit of it in recent years. She wanted you here, she made that happen. She wanted Randis dead, you made that happen. And now she wants you to fight her war. I wonder if that's going to happen.

[Shade]

It's not. What happened between me and Randis was personal. And now that it's over and as long as Brea is safe, I don't give a damn what she does.

[???]

You're clueless, like a newborn.

SHADE STOPS WALKING AND TURNS AROUND TO FACE THE GIRL.

[Shade]

What the hell do you want?

[???]

As much as she would like to, Lucilla can't keep you a secret forever. And the other Lords will know something is up when they look around at Randis' estate and see that there are none of Lucilla's men dead around the place as well. They'll know that something worked a little too well and they'll want to know what happened so they can stop it from happening to them.