Shade#62 (S4): Unclear

CUT TO: DOWNTOWN DISTRICT

INT. REGIONS BUILDING; THORNE'S OFFICE - LATE MORNING

WILLIAM THORNE SITS AT HIS DESK READING OVER A FEW EMAILS WHEN THERE'S A KNOCK AT HIS DOOR.

[William Thorne]

Come in.

MR. BLANCHARD WALKS INTO THE OFFICE WITH A BRIEFCASE AND WILLIAM THORNE WALKS TO GREET HIM SHAKING HIS HAND.

[Mr. Blanchard]

Hello, Mr. Thorne. It's been a while.

[William Thorne]

Yes, it has. Far too long if you ask me. I had to tend to some business that took me away from the office. I'm glad that you could make it.

[Mr. Blanchard]

I see that you did some redecorating. I like it.

[William Thorne]

If a man's house is his castle then his workplace should be twice as nice.

[Mr. Blanchard]

Of course. The last thing you want is to hate coming to work.

[William Thorne]

Yes, there's money to be made.

[Mr. Blanchard]

So, Mr. Thorne, what exactly can I do for you?

[William Thorne]

I'm ready to turn the dial back to simpler times. All of this... activity, it's beginning to become grating. However, I need capital to move things along.

[Mr. Blanchard]

These are crazy times that we're living in, Mr. Thorne. Things may never get back to normal.

[William Thorne]

You just have to force them too, Mr. Blanchard.

[Mr. Blanchard]

How exactly were you able to keep your name out of the news cycle?

[William Thorne]

A steady stream of cash from my reserves and buying the right stock has kept the right people's mouths shut. There's only so much that can accomplish under the right circumstances. I need to become bigger than my circumstances.

[Mr. Blanchard]

What exactly are you asking me to do?

[Thorne]

I've had my hands full getting my company to purchase foreclosed and abandoned properties around the city. They perform extracurricular activities with a cut of the profits coming back to me and they have a safe place to operate. I need a way to make money and make it fast. I also need my public fronts to be integrated into the citywide economy as much as possible. There's no one else I think would be suitable for the job.

[Mr. Blanchard]

Well, sir, I'm honored. But I don't work for free you know.

[Thorne]

Oh, I know that. Every month from here on out a bi-weekly stipend of 35% of all my earnings will be deposited to you.

[Mr. Blanchard]

Greatly appreciated. However, we need a plan. My job is to help you make money, Mr. Thorne. Please tell me that you've had something prepared.

[William Thorne]