Shade#129 (S6): Reiterate

CUT TO: SCHOOL

EXT. DRAY'S ROOM- AFTERNOON

DRAY WALKS INTO HIS ROOM AND SEES THAT JAMAL IS THERE.

[Jamal]

Hey, what's up, bro?

[Dray]

Nothing much how about you?

[Jamal]

I'm good. Hey, I was going to play basketball if you were wanting to come along.

[Dray]

I-

THERE IS A KNOCK AT THE DOOR AND DRAY ANSWERS IT. SEEING MIKEY AT THE DOOR HE INVITES HIM IN.

[Dray]

Yo, what's up, dude?

[Mikey]

Nothing much I just wanted to see what you were doing. If you wanted to hang out.

[Dray]

Well, me and Jamal were about to go play basketball.

[Mikey]

Oh, dude, I love basketball. You mind if I come?

[Jamal]

Yeah, the more players the better.

[Dray]

You play basketball?

[Mikey]

You know, every so now and then. I'm gonna go change and then I'll meet you guys in the lobby.

[Dray]

Yeah. See you there.

MIKEY LEAVES THE ROOM AND JAMAL LOOKS AT DRAY.

[Jamal]

Can he play? You know nowadays those boys be hoopin'.

[Dray]

Don't know for sure. I've never heard of him being able to play basketball until now.

[Jamal]

I guess we'll figure it out when we get there.

CUT TO: GYM

EXT. GYM- AFTERNOON

DRAY, MIKEY, AND JAMAL ALL WALK INTO THE GYM ON THE GREEN VALLEY CAMPUS AND DRAY LOOKS AT THE PEOPLE SHOOTING AROUND.

[Dray]

(To Mikey)

Competition looks rough. Be careful guys like them like to showboat.

[Mikey]

It's cool bro. Just try to have fun.

[Dray]

(To Mikey)

No, dude, I don't think you understand. These guys live and breathe to be jerky people. They're just gonna screw around and not play and act like they invented the sport.

[Mikey]

Dude just relax. We got this.

ONCE TEAMS ARE SET UP MIKEY TAKES OUT THE BALL PASSING IT TO DRAY. THE GUY HOLDING DRAY CHUCKLES AND THEN CROSSES HIS ARMS.

[Player#1]

Why y'all set me up with this? I want a challenge.

DRAY DRIBBLES THE BALL AND TRIES TO GET AROUND THE PLAYER BUT THE PLAYER STEALS THE BALL.

[Player#1]

Not in my house. Get this weak shit off my court!

THE BOY TAKES THE BALL DOWN THE COURT AND LAYS UP SCORING. DRAY IS THEN PATTED ON THE BACK BY JAMAL.