Shade# 159 (S7): Judgement

CUT TO: THE WASTELANDS

EXT. LUCILLA'S ESTATE- MORNING

DRAY IS WOKEN UP BY THE SOUND OF SOMEONE KNOCKING ON HIS DOOR. DRAY THEN GETS UP AND PUTS ON HIS SHADOW SUIT. SCALING UNDER THE DOOR TO GET OUTSIDE OF THE ROOM, SHADE FINDS DINAH.

[Shade]

What do you want?

[Dinah]

Lucilla wants to see you.

[Shade]

Why?

[Dinah]

Because she wants to see you. So you better go and see what she wants before your little girlfriend gets hurt.

SHADE CLENCHES HIS FIST AND DINAH SMIRKS AT HIM.

[Dinah]

What's the matter? Did I make you mad?

[Shade]

You're starting to. It's too early in the morning for this. Get outta my way before I punch a hole in your chest.

[Dinah]

Yeah right. I'd like to see you try.

[Shade]

I killed Randis. You're supposed to be Lucilla's right-hand right? So why didn't she send you to do the honors if you're so good?

[Dinah]

Because she realized that it would be better to send a pawn than a rook or a bishop.

[Shade]

Shut the hell up.

[Dinah]

I was there during all of the training. She got good but she was never going to be more than a grunt. A pawn to jump when Lucilla said. I, however, possess more skills and could be more useful in one lifetime than she ever could be in ten.

[Shade]

So what does that make me? I think that you have the hierarchy messed up. You're a knight at best while I'm the bishop.

[Dinah]

And what makes you say that?

[Shade]

Do you think that she would have cast a spell to bring you back to her if you got captured? She did that with me.

[Dinah]

Yeah, well, I'm still her right hand.

[Shade]

Yeah, by default.

DINAH THROWS A PUNCH AT SHADE AND HE CATCHES HER FIST. DINAH THEN JUMPS INTO THE AIR AND TRIES TO KICK SHADE. SHADE CATCHES DINAH WHILE SHE IS IN THE AIR AND THEN THROWS HER BACK THROUGH THE AIR. DINAH SLAMS INTO A TABLE IN THE HALLWAY AND THEN PULLS OUT SOME THROWING STARS. DINAH THROWS THE THROWING STARS AT SHADE AND HE DODGES THEM. SHADE THEN RUNS AT DINAH AND SHE PULLS OUT HER SWORD. AS DINAH TRIES TO STAB SHADE WITH HER SWORD SHADE JUMPS OVER HER AND LANDS ON THE WALL BEHIND HER. SHADE THEN SINKS INTO THE WALL AND SCALES UP TO THE RAFTERS IN THE BUILDING.

[Shade]

Not bad.

DINAH LOOKS UP TO SEE SHADE.

[Shade]

But it's child's play. Randis put up more of a fight, but only because I wanted him to.

DINAH THROWS THROWING STARS AT SHADE AND HE EVADES THEM. HE THEN JUMPS DOWN TO THE GROUND AND OPENS A PORTAL UNDER DINAH. DINAH FALLS INTO THE PORTAL AND SHADE OPENS THE PORTAL INTO FRONT OF HIM. AS DINAH FALLS OUT OF THE PORTAL SHADE GRABS DINAH AND SLAMS HER ONTO THE GROUND.