Shade#126 (S6): Chasing

CUT TO: MALL

EXT. MALL- AFTERNOON

DRAY AND MIKEY WALK THROUGH THE MALL AND START TO LEAVE THROUGH THE PARKING LOT. AS THEY WALK HEADING BACK TO MIKEY'S CAR DRAY DAYDREAMING HEARS THE LAST OF WHAT MIKEY IS SAYING BEFORE MIKEY TRIES TO GET HIS ATTENTION.

[Mikey]

(Fading in)

... Don't you think? Dray? Dray. Dray!

[Dray]

Huh? What's up?

[Mikey]

I was thinking that we could get a Risk game going this weekend. What do you think?

[Dray]

Um, to be honest, I don't know. Those games always last so long.

[Mikey]

You good bro? You seem like you're spacing out a lot.

[Dray]

I'm just having a bit of a rough time right about now. I flipped out on a guy walking down the hall earlier.

[Mikey]

Really?

[Dray]

Yeah, the guy was just taking up the entire walk space with his girlfriend like they were the only people in the world who got to use it. Like there automatically have dibs on the hallway whenever they're in it.

[Mikey]

Something tells me that you may be getting a little too upset about that.

[Dray]

If you ask me, I'm not nearly as upset as I should be.

[Mikey]

Come on, dude. Don't let it get to you. Some people are just not cool people.

[Dray]

I know. I know. I'm really just ranting. I need to work on that.

DRAY TAKES A DEEP BREATH.

[Dray]

I also don't know if I'll be here next year or not. And that means that I'll have to go back to Granite Bay or one of those other schools. It just feels like someone's throwing water in my face, waking me up from a dream that I wanted to stay in.

[Mikey]

I know what you mean. Pretty sure that it's happening to the rest of the gang too.

[Dray]

How can you say that so calmly?

[Mikey]

Well, there's not much that we can do about it. No need to get stressed out about it.

[Dray]

Maybe not.

[Mikey]

And what makes you think that I'm not mad about all this? I figure out not too long ago that the only reason why I was at one of the best high schools in the state was that a weird old wizard wanted to trap me in a capsule and drain my life force away.

[Dray]

Fair point.

[Mikey]

And it'll be back to the Lewes for me.

[Dray]

How is that?

[Mikey]

It's a lot quieter. A lot smaller too.