Shade#94 (S5): Secrets

CUT TO: SCOTTY COUNTY

EXT. ABANDONED FREEMASON BUILDING - LATE AFTERNOON

SHADE STANDS ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE BUILDING LOOKING AT THE GROUP WHO ALL HAVE BEWILDERED EXPRESSIONS.

[Mikey]

Shade? What the heck are you doing here?

[Diana]

Come on, Mikey. That's Dray.

[Mikey]

Wait, what?!

[Shade]

I guess that there should be some denial on my part but we're too far along for that now.

SHADE POWERS DOWN OUT OF HIS SHADOW SUIT, THERE'S AN AWKWARD SILENCE AND ABIGAIL COUGHS TO BREAK IT.

[Dray]

This really isn't what I was expecting. If you wouldn't mind, could you guys promise me that you won't tell anybody?

[Abigail]

We won't tell anyone. I'm sure everyone here won't tell a soul. I just can't believe Shade goes to our school.

[Dray]

You guys are sure that I can trust you? This could ruin my whole life and I'd know exactly who to come looking for.

[Abigail]

Your secret is safe with us. Especially because we wouldn't want it to happen to any of us either.

[Dray]

What do you mean?

[Abigail]

Even though everybody might try to deny it, it's true. We've all got some abilities of our own that we're trying to keep secret.

[Dray]

You guys all have powers too?

[Abigail]

That's right.

[Mikey]

I just can't believe I've been hanging out with Shade this whole time and didn't know it.

[Diana]

If I may, we're not sure if he was the only guy out there. Why don't we continue this party on the road?

[Dray]

She's right. Just give me a second, will you?

DRAY POWERS INTO HIS SHADOW SUIT, RECOVERS THE CREEPY LEATHER-BOUND BOOK, AND REJOINS THE GROUP POWERING DOWN OUT OF HIS SHADOW SUIT ONCE MORE.

[Dray]

Alright, let's get out of here.

CUT TO: FREEWAY

INT. CONNOR'S VAN – LATE AFTERNOON

DRAY LOOKS AROUND AT THE GROUP AS CONNOR IS DRIVING.

[Dray]

So, you guys all have powers too?

[Mikey]

I guess we have to come clean now that the cat is out of the bag. My question is how did Abigail know about us?

[Abigail]

I can sense magical energies. I also have a unique ability that makes people want to tell me the truth or overshare which can be quite the curse around boys who really are trying to get my number. My parents call it veritas.

[Dray]

Is that why it felt like I couldn't stop talking to you the first time we met?

[Abigail]