Shade#6: The Rumble Crew

PAGE 1 (SEVEN PANELS)
Panel 1.
CUT TO: SOUTH END
INT. GROCERY STORE - MORNING

THORNE WAITS IN THE OFFICE AREA OF A GROCERY STORE PACING BACK AND FORTH.

WILLIAM THORNE: (BALLOON)
What in the world is taking them so long?

Panel 2.
WILLIAM THORNE LOOKS TOWARDS THE DOOR AS IT OPENS.

WILLIAM THORNE: (BALLOON)
Finally.

Panel 3.
THREE MEN WALK INTO THE OFFICE AREA OF THE STORE.

WILLIAM THORNE: (BALLOON)
I believed that prudence was a virtue that you held in high regard. You sure kept me in suspense.

DARIUS: (BALLOON)
Being on time is something that's important... for everybody else. What do you want?

Panel 4.
WILLIAM THORNE HOLDS OUT HIS ARMS IN AN EXPLANATORY FASHION.

WILLIAM THORNE: (BALLOON)
It's about the deal that happened with the Silver Crow. It went south, thanks to this vigilante that's been going around recently.

Panel 5.
TYLER TAKES A PATRONIZING STANCE TOWARDS WILLAIM THORNE.

TYLER: (BALLOON)
You can't be serious Thorne. You had our guys and the Silver Crow was there. You mean to tell me that none of you could take him out?

WILLIAM THORNE: (BALLOON)
That's exactly what I'm saying. He's a meta-human.

TYLER: (BALLOON)
Meta-human or not, you can't be coming around here with those excuses Thorne.

Panel 6.
WILLIAM THORNE POINTS AT TYLER IN A VEXED MANNER.

WILLIAM THORNE: (BALLOON)
Don't be a fool, Tyler. It's going to take more than a handful of goons and some handguns to take this guy down.

TYLER: (BALLOON)
Then we should do just that then.

WILLIAM THORNE: (BALLOON)
What are you talking about? That was too matter of fact.

Panel 7.
THE GROUP SITS DOWN AT THE TABLE IN THE ROOM. THE LEADERS ON ONE SIDE OF THE TABLE AND THORNE ON THE OTHER.

PAGE 2 (SIX PANELS)
Panel 1.
ROMAN LEANS ON THE TABLE WITH THE TIPS OF HIS FINGERS TOUCHING.

ROMAN: (BALLOON)
Mr. Thorne, unfortunately, we will need to discuss collateral. When you say the deal went south, I need to hear it from you. What happened?

WILLIAM THORNE: (BALLOON)
As previously stated, the vigilante caused a commotion. The Silver Crow insisted upon killing him to which my men followed suit. However, it appears that this vigilante can flatten himself onto the ground, becoming a literal shadow. He moved past some flammable tanks, my men didn't stop shooting, then there was a fire.

DARIUS: (BALLOON)
So, you're throwing our guys under the bus?

WILLIAM THORNE: (BALLOON)
Well, the shoe fits.

Panel 2.
OVER THE SHOULDER PANEL OF ROMAN LOOKING AT WILLIAM THORNE.

ROMAN: (BALLOON)
How much product did we lose?

WILLIAM THORNE: (BALLOON)
A little under 25%. Certainly, not as worse as it could've been.

ROMAN: (BALLOON)
Then I believe that it should go without saying that we need to get back the money that we're owed. I will leave you in charge of that.

Panel 3.
SIDE PANEL SHOWING THE GROUP ACROSS THE TABLE FROM ONE ANOTHER.

WILLIAM THORNE: (BALLOON)
You're also going to want to get any cops you have on the payroll involved in this. There's no doubt that the cops are going to find the weapons, they don't have serial numbers however it's on my turf. Someone smart enough could catch on to what we're doing.