Shade#92 (S5): The Past

CUT TO: SHADOWLANDS

INT. SHADOWLANDS - NIGHT

SHADE WALKS OUT A PORTAL INTO THE SHADOWLANDS AND MEETS WITH OBADIAH WHO'S SITTING ON A ROCKING CHAIR ON THE PORCH OF HIS SHACK.

[Obadiah]

Long time, no see.

[Shade]

Yeah, it's been a minute. I honestly thought I'd find you sitting by the fire.

[Obadiah]

It's on a continuous burn as long as I can add firewood to it. After a while it just gets a little bit too routine, you know. So, is anything new happening?

[Shade]

I transferred schools, finally.

[Obadiah]

Is that so? I know you're happy. So, how are you liking it?

[Shade]

It's way better than I could have imagined. It started pretty rough though. I guess not everything can be a cakewalk. However, there are some new occurrences that have given me rise for concern.

[Obadiah]

You just seem to be a magnet for trouble.

[Shade]

Maybe the trouble is the magnet and I'm the metal.

[Obadiah]

There's a possibility that's true.

[Obadiah]

So, back to what you were saying. You've found some new troubles.

[Shade]

Oh, yeah, there's this building on campus that's off-limits to the point where a kid got suspended for just pretending that he was going to sneak inside. It turns out that the building is housing some kind of monster that's trapped inside of a magical barrier. Go figure.

[Obadiah]

What a second? Monster? What kind of monster?

[Shade]

I think it was made of candle wax and it can shoot fire from its mouth.

[Obadiah]

What school is this?

[Shade]

Green Valley.

[Obadiah]

The private school?

[Shade]

Yeah.

[Obadiah]

Things are really looking up for you now. I wish I would have had enough money to send James to a private school.

[Shade]

Don't feel too glad for me yet. I think that I've found myself in some sort of a trap. It was way too easy to get into the school and there have been some disappearances around the school from what I've heard.

[Obadiah]

What're you thinking?

[Shade]

I'm honestly thinking Hartle has something to do with it. Or possibly there could be someone snatching up rich kids for ransom money. The only problem is that I'm not sure if the kids who have gone missing are rich or not. I have to do a little bit more investigating.

[Obadiah]

Hmm. Wait a second, you said Green Valley right?

[Shade]