Shade#184 (S9): Obscure

CUT TO: TYNICE'S RADIO STATION

EXT. RECORDING STUDIO- MORNING

AFTER A SONG GETS DONE PLAYING, TYNICE'S M.D. SETS UP HER MIC AND GIVES HER THE THUMBS UP. TYNICE THEN GETS HER MICROPHONE AND PAPERS THE WAY THAT SHE WANTS THEM TO AND BEGINS TO TALK INTO THE MICROPHONE.

[Tynice]

Hey, y'all. It's your girl Tynice. As you know, I've got a sort of bone to pick with Shade. Always have, always will and last night Shade gave me even more to gripe about. In addition to being a power-hungry, violent, psychopath Shade last night attacked a member of this city's community who is actually trying to do some good. Berk Schmyzer, the owner of Blue Ladder Contracting and also the same man responsible for personally taking on many projects intended to better the city overall including building recreational buildings, orphanages, clinics, roads, and a lot of other things that I could mention but I don't have time for. Things I feel that we could all agree that the city needs more of. 

TYNICE SIGHS AND CHUCKLES A LITTLE BIT.

[Tynice]

And you know what? I know that many of you out there are sick to death of me talking about Shade. And you know what for a change I might even give him some credit. He does some good, saves some lives, maybe stops some dangerous criminals, so I have to give him credit for that. However, I then have to take that credit right back. There are people out there that do a lot of dumb things and I'm aware of that but I can't just vilify people for doing what they have to do. This system has made it hard for people and someone like Shade can't understand that. He thinks that punching and kicking will change the world and I am never for that. If he really wants to make the world, he needs to find a better way to do it. That will always and forever be my thoughts on the matter. But for now, let's just all try and enjoy our morning and jam to some good music.

TYNICE POINTS TO HER M.D. AND HE BEGINS TO PLAY MUSIC. TYNICE THEN WALKS OUT OF THE BOOTH AND HER N.D. APPROACHES HER.

[Tynice]

Thanks for looking into that Blue Ladder Case for me.

[News Director]

No problem. It's my job to do those kinds of things. But there is one thing that really gets to me about the story.

[Tynice]

And what might that be?

[News Director]

The police are saying that Schmyzer was involved in some kind of ongoing investigation. I mean, can we really say that Schmyzer in an angel after hearing something like that?

[Tynice]

Are you kidding me? Don't tell me that actually trust what the cops have to say. After everything that's gone on with BRPD, I'm surprised that it hasn't been taken over by the feds and revitalized.

[News Director]

That's a cynical way of looking at things don't you think?

[Tynice]

No, I feel that it's rather realistic. Maybe there was a time when the police were looking out for people and made the best decisions possible but that's not the way it is now. More often than not you'll find that someone became a cop to escape the consequences of their actions or their power-hungry. And the vetting system is all of wack to the point that you could never hope to know if you're getting the right person or not when they wear that badge. It's insane.

[News Director]

Fine but what happens if they're right about this guy? We just defended a criminal.

[Tynice]