Chapter Fourteen

Tate's Pov
God, I hate school. It was such a waste of time. I thought they never really taught us life skills unless you count the teaching of teamwork, people feeling left out, and others being bullied for anything silly in the world. I was playing with my ring as I got changed for gym class.

A semi-decent class. I was pretty good at physical education but that's only cause my brother was like no other and would make me exercise with him as early as four am.

I slipped on the sweat pants I packed, pulling all my hair up into a large ponytail, slamming the locker shut. I turned around, only to see one of the girls I had a strong dislike to, Blair.

She really thought she was better than everyone only cause her mom bought her everything she wanted, her other two friends were quite annoying as well.

"Oh looky here it's the little FBI freak." She laughed quietly. I rolled my eyes grabbing my backpack trying to move around her, not giving her the time of day.

"Not so fast!" She snapped out quickly she pushed me up against the locker and I shot her a glare. 

"Blair leave me alone." I snapped back at her. Her lip glossed lips twisted to a side smirk.

"I don't get why you act so tough and all, you think you're so special cause your brother is an FBI agent you're still nothing." She snapped. 

"Tell me something I don't know, you just want attention." I slapped her hands off me. "I'm not giving you my time of day, cause at the end of the day you are irreverent in my life, everyone else may love you, but you aren't even a glimpse in my eye or important." The look on her face was everything.

I pushed her hands off me again, and was just gonna make my way out into the gym till she said something that triggers me as one of her friends tried to snatch the ring off my hand.

"You know no one will love you, not even your brother. I hear that even a freak likes you, word gets around fast, not even he can like you."

I don't even know where the rage had come from, but all I remember was my backpack hitting the floor and Blair was on the floor with me attacking her. It was a blind rage.

______________________________
I refused to look at Derek, my cheek stinging only a little bit from the small scratches present in my cheek. But I was more satisfied with the fact Blair's nose was broken, and I did good a few good hits at her, before my gym teacher had rushed into the girl's locker room prying me off her.

I knew I was gonna be in some big trouble. Blair's mom was shooting me this glare of hers Blair was still glaring at me as well. "Mr. Morgan, on behave of the rules Tate is suspended for three weeks, along with Miss Meadows we do not tolerate fighting," I smirked but quickly hid it when Derek shot me a small look.

I just looked back at the wall holding my ring protective across my chest a bit "Understood Mr. Olson," Derek spoke. He picked up my backpack, and I stood up following after Derek holding the small icepack into my cheek.

I followed blindly looking down at my shoes, shuffling them on the hallway floors.  "You wanna tell me what happened mama? You usually are really good at keeping your cool, you gotta talk to me." I breathed out a small sigh soon we made our way out of the building, the sun making me wince greatly.

"I didn't even start it Blair did!" I defended sighing still holding the ice pack onto my cheek but Derek was looking at me.

"No Tate you know it never matters who started what first, violence is never the answer, especially at school when you know right away they are either gonna suspend you or even worse expelled." I sighed at the scolding.

"I don't know... I'm usually good at keeping calm but she always is picking me, she makes fun of me for my old self-harm marks she tells me I should have cut deeper, or she tugs on my hair making fun of it.  She told me that you or no one else can love me, Derek! She even knew a lot about Spencer! How does she even know that! She called him a freak." I whimpered growing angry with myself as the tears started to pool into my eyes.

I roughly rubbed at my cheek making it bleed madly.  "I'm so tired Derek... I wanna go home." I slowly shook as I cried silently and I felt Derek quickly pull me towards him hugging me deeply.

"Tate sweetie shhh it's okay you know that I love you... Nothing anyone can say would make me not love you, you're so much stronger then this, and you know Reid loves you more than anything I know it's been hard on you that's why I'm not upset with you." Derek slowly swayed me deeply  I cried into his chest gripping onto his shirt "I'm so tired..."

"I know sweetie but it's gonna be okay alright I promise." He whispered holding the back of my head gently.

"Do you wanna call Reid in the car," Derek mumbled and I slowly nodding my head sniffling madly he kept rubbed my back up and down slowly.