Chapter Twelve

Tate's Pov
"You feeling any better let me see baby." I curled up into Spencer's side a little on the couch, letting him see my arms that he had bandaged up.  I didn't really know what else to say, knowing that he and Derek were most likely disappointed in my choice of methods to handle stress and pain. It was a really weak move to do, but I was desperate for any release.

"They only sting daddy," I whispered quietly to him training my eyes on his watching him press a quick kiss to them, bringing me closer.

Derek was being quiet just watching me and Spencer quietly observing, which made me a little scared because I didn't know how much he had known.

"Can you both explain to me a little more about how you two feel about one another?" It was the first time Derek had spoken in four hours of being really quiet.

Spencer glanced down at me softly and nodded his head at me, his eyes shining with softness.

"Tate you have to tell him so he will understand why you slip." He told me his voice growing with sadness.

I knew what he was talking about and it made me feel so much anxiety spike through me feeling Derek's eyes on me.  "B-but he is gonna hate me," I whispered a small tremble leaving me.

I chose to stare at my arms because I didn't wanna look into their eyes.  "Sweetie he loves you, he isn't gonna hate you, you have to tell him now okay, I'm right here remember they can't hurt you." He reassured me quietly.

I took a soft breath in, slowly starting to pick at the bandages looking back up to gaze at Derek but Spencer started holding my hands tightly so I wouldn't pick at the bandages.

"Derek," I called out quietly watching him softly.   "Around a few years after you left to come live out here, back when I was at my old school, I was raped by a group of guys on the football team," I said very quietly shifting my eyes down for just a minute hearing Derek take in a deep breath sitting up off the armchair.

"W-what?" He whispered in a state of disbelief. I shut my eyes for a moment hearing his breathing grow intense.

"Mom knows about it, and she tried to get them all arrested but their dads were able to get the rape charges dropped because they didn't want it to ruin their football careers." I shut my eyes quickly again fast when Derek got up and you could tell he was angry.

"What the hell! Oh my God Tate why didn't you tell me this! I can't believe this." He trembled out.

I looked over at Spencer who was giving me a soft reassuring look, rubbing my back up and down. "Did they do a rape kit?" Derek cracked out and I felt my eyes grow with more sadness as I saw tiny tears leaving from his eyes.

"Yeah it should still be in the system at the hospital back home, they found their DNA," I mumbled slowly leaning into Spencer again. Derek was taking hard deep breaths in before he came over to where we sat and kneels down.

"Tate sweetie, I don't blame you okay, it wasn't your fault, I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you, there to help you. I don't quite understand your little space, but Spencer does, it will take some time but I approve of your relationship.  Okay, Spencer don't hurt her you have my consent." Derek gave me a soft sad smile and gently squeezed my hands and I returned the smile softly.

"I need to go make a few calls, I'll be back, also don't kiss in front of me." Derek joked trying to lighten the mood, he poked my cheeks getting up, grabbing his phone he went upstairs.

Both our eyes were watching him closely. "What do you think he is doing?" I questioned looking back at Spencer to see he was leaning on his fist and moved his eyes to focus on me gently.

"Well knowing Derek, he isn't gonna let that slip past him." He muttered slowly playing with my hair, kissing the top of my head more.

"We most likely will be going back to your home for a trial baby girl." I slowly grew confused and looked at Spencer my eyes going wide.

"A trial?" I stammered out seeing Spencer nod very focused like, still playing with my hair gently.

"They were worried about their careers being ruined at the time being, but with the evidence and time-lapse, their families, and careers will be ruined now for hiding it so long, they'll have rape charges and be suspend off the team, they'll never touch you again." Spencer pulled towards him deeply.

I hugged him tightly taking in this new information a shocked gasp leaving me slowly feeling for the first time in many years, a weight had been lifted off my heavy shoulders.

And that one little event that triggered everything my little space, the depression, the anxiety would finally have a branch lifted up off me.

"Shhh don't cry baby girl it's okay it's gonna be alright, everything is okay now." He whispered slowly rocking me back and forth and I took another steady breath, nuzzling his neck taking in his scent to relax me.

"Thank you... Thank you both so much." I trembled out taking more deep breaths in, shutting my eyes.

I now wondered could this be a new piece of my life that can start a new clean slate. A new blank page to rewrite some chapters that could actually be happy now.