Chapter Seven

*small triggers for mentions of rape

Tate's Pov
I felt this pool of sudden happiness that stayed in the pit of my stomach. My head was resting on Derek's lap, both of us relaxing in the living room, watching a movie. I really did miss my big brother and having him around, was just as amazing as being so close with Spencer. It was normal for me to be nervous around Spencer but lately, I've been so open with him.

I explained to him what exactly happened to me when I was young and why I was sent to a mental hospital to help with the trauma.

Back at my old school, I wasn't really the most well-known girl. I was quiet, a shy kinda nerdy, and the fact that I didn't have a little space then so I just used books and music as a way to cope with anxiety and stress.

At my old school, there was a group guys were in the popular crowd because they were on the football team.

I didn't really know anyone that much. So I wasn't  aware of what they meant when they wanted me to hangout.

I was naive and I wasn't aware. They raped me and left me one day, laughing and bragging about it.

It was the first worst thing to happen I told my mom two nights after it happened, and she tried so hard to get me the justice I needed. But all their fathers paid off the charges and they were dropped.

They stated that rape charges would ruin their scholarships and future and that a black young female, with no chance of a future, shouldn't ruin there's. That was the second blow.

And that's when I grew into a state of depressed rage, suicidal thoughts, self-harm. My innocence lost that one day.

"Hey, little mama what's the matter?" I slowly felt Derek's hands wiping at my cheeks brushing away my tears. I still remember the look on Spencer's when I told him.

He was so angry and he sobbed so loudly holding me close, kissing along my forehead telling me that nothing like that could ever happen, as long as he was a around.

I felt that it was only right that if I was falling for him as hard as I was. I needed to be open and honest with him.

"Yes, I'm sorry I was just thinking about something that's all." I gave Derek a gentle smile seeing him smile down at me still wiping away my tears.

I never told Derek about this because this would truly hurt him a ton. He would somehow find a way to blame himself for not being there.

"You wanna know something I noticed." He suddenly called out still watching me curious like.

"And what's that?" I questioned back lightly. I lightly played with his fingers a bit, the movie in the background slightly long forgotten about.

"Don't think I haven't noticed that you and pretty boy have gotten closer. Don't get me wrong, I'm so extremely happy you two are, he needed some new friends lately," Derek told me chuckling poking my nose slightly making me wrinkle it up, wiggling it softly.

"I really like hanging out with him Derek, he makes me feel somewhat normal." I chuckled slowly holding my temple.

My heart rate had picked up again, damn it. I thought wanting to hide and slip away. "I also noticed you know baby girl is my nickname for Garcia. But you know who calls you that?" Derek called out again looking at me with so much amusement sudden interest flashing across his brown eyes.

I felt my body grow a little nervous with shock, and I slowly chewed on my fingernails looking up at Derek who was smiling waiting for me to answer.

"Reid does," I whispered shyly still chewing at my nails squirming at a certain thought. Having Spencer as my caregiver/daddy but if me and him were dating. I wonder how much my heart could take with that.

God, I was so young at least four years younger than him. And yet I found him the most attractive man. I couldn't focus on anyone but him and that's what made it scary. I was falling so hard.

"I find it cute," Derek answers watching with a huge grin poking my nose fast. I

"Oh hush it you think everything is cute." I laughed quietly shaking my head, rolling over amused. Still biting at my nails.

I let my mind drift off, half-listening to Derek who was laughing and teasing me quietly. I do badly wanted to spend time with Spencer again since it was a break from school, but he was out doing a case with JJ and Emily. Oh God, I had it so bad I thought.