Chapter Eleven

Morgan's Pov
The exhaustion seemed to take over now. I didn't really know how to help Tate. In a really deep way, I felt guilty. Because the only time I see Tate get actually really happy, and look genuinely relaxed was with Reid and in some ways that hurt me.

She was my younger sister how come I couldn't help her in everyway? How come she couldn't come to me when she wasn't feeling happy or when sad and down?

It was my job as her older brother. I glanced up from all my paper files to watched Reid from across at his desk.

He seemed to be looking very frustrated as he slides his phone away from him, holding his temple and face, his eyes close.

"Morgan." I whipped my head around for just a quick minute to focus on JJ hearing her heels against the floor for just a few minutes.

"Come to my office." She gestured with her head, her arms filled with all the case files.

"Now?" I questioned again focusing on her. She was a few steps ahead of me. I wanted to groan but if I didn't do it now, she was gonna keep bugging me all day.

I got up leaving all my files on the desk trailing behind her. I wasn't very aware that her tone was that serious, but I followed her none the less all the way up towards her office shutting the door, taking a seat right across her desk watching her sit as well.

"Okay before I start, you need to listen with an open mind can you do that?" I lifted an eyebrow at her, but she was giving me a very stern look.

"I know you feel some kind of way towards the relationship Tate and Spencer have." I already had a deep feeling I wasn't gonna enjoy this talk very much.

"JJ I've already had this talk-"

"Morgan I'm talking be quiet." I blinked a little bit, holding back saying anything leaning on my fist watching her.

"The only reason, that only Spencer can help Tate, is because what is wrong with her only Spencer understands it, and only he can help." JJ gestured around with her hands focusing on me.

"What exactly is wrong with her?" I heard myself suddenly asking, ranking my mind for  every little possible thing.

"Last month Spencer explained it to me, she has a little space, but it's logically term is age regression.  The way that she escapes from stress or just anything, is to age regress into a five-year-old girl in her mind, Spencer is her caregiver, or in other words, her daddy."

"He helps her not get so stressed, its not a sexual thing at all, and just from the way he was crying and explaining to me Derek, he loves her. Call it wrong, but he loves the girl. Do you wanna be the reason she is hurting because you didn't understand something that helps her do much? That helps her function?"

________________________
Tate's Pov
It was such a long day back at school. It was quite sad that I wanted to sleep all day long. But that school had to come no matter what I was feeling. I unlocked the front door pushing open the door, quickly holding my keys with my teeth slipping my shoes off by the shoe mats.

"I'm home Derek," I called my voice very muffled out, I actually winced at the sound of how husky and gross my voice sounded so gross.

"Baby girl." I quickly snapped my head straight to where the voice was. I wanted to cry and I should have gone straight to his arms. Spencer and Derek were both sitting at the countertops. Spencer was leaning against the countertop, his brown eyes watching me closely.

My breath intakes so hard, and I didn't know how to react so I did the next best thing. I bolted straight towards the stairs as quickly as I could running up the stairs, but Spencer was much quicker, and he picked up fast holding me close.

"Tate no stop its okay." He whispered.

"Spencer let me go no!" I yelled out fighting against him very quickly. But he wasn't letting up soon. All my anger was coming out and I don't know why. All the sadness and silly pain were coming out. I hit Spencer fast on his chest.

"You left me you promised." I whimpered slowly starting to cry, feeling Spencer was shaking holding me tightly against his chest starting to kiss the top of my head.

"I know baby girl I'm sorry I am, you know I wouldn't leave you, I"m right here I'm so sorry please forgive me." He whispered to me.

I wanted to be stubborn and I wanted to be angry. But for the few months now of not being able to be around him, to have his smell, to see his laugh or just see his happy face.

All I could do was cry and keep silent listening to Spencer whisper he was sorry over and over kissing the top of my head still.

He was sitting on the bottom of the stairs playing with my hair. Derek had given us space and had gone into the living room.

"I'm here and I'm always staying okay," Spencer whispered kissing the top of my head again.

"I'm sorry daddy," I whispered quietly, the unexpected turn of me slipping faded into my mind. I hadn't slipped in months and I kept my head pressed against his chest listening to his heartbeat.

"What are you sorry for kitten?" He whispered curious like. I slowly blinked.

"For hurting myself to make the pain go away..."