All Alone (Platonic DRLAMP)

Începe de la început

They had all retired early to bed that night, right after dinner, Logan in a room with Virgil, and DeDe with Patton. Obviously the twins were put together. They had to get up early the next day for sightseeing, they were going to the Washington Monument, and the National Museum of African American History.

Logan looked over at his roommate, smiling gently. He’d learned to be kind to the other kids while he was in the hospital. Seeing the other was in bed, almost asleep, all he said was, “Goodnight, Virgil.” Then Logan went to bed, excited for the next day.

The boy flipped the page, seeing all of them in various pictures from the next day. Logan pointed to one of himself and Patton. He had been explaining the history of the Washington Monument, how tall it was, how old, that sort of thing.

Patton bounced excitedly. “Logan, that’s so cool! How did you know all that?” he asked, looking happy, as usual.

Logan smiled. “I like history. There’s facts and opinions, and history seems to be the only subject in school that has both,” he explained softly. Logan glanced around at everyone else. The twins looked like they were bugging Virgil to talk to them, and the poor kid looked almost ready to cry, he was shaking. DeDe was standing at the railing to a nearby, looking at the monument with a chaperone with him.

The oldest went over to the twins, getting them away from Virgil and helping to calm him down. Logan went over, sighing softly. “Are you alright, Virgil?” he asked gently, and the boy shook his head. As Patton scolded the brothers, Logan worked on calming the group’s youngest.

Logan looked through more pictures, seeing one of them at the DEA, or the Drug Enforcement Administration headquarters. He chuckled, seeing the smallest and youngest of them with a rifle was hilarious now. He ignored the tear that fell from his face to the page.

Virgil, unsurprisingly, was the most anxious to be around guns. All the others really had no problems with it. The group went to the shooting range at the DEA headquarters, and he was shaking a little. Patton kept telling him he’d be ok. After the day before, he had opened up a little to the two oldest, especially Logan. The two had had a long conversation that night about stars and galaxies, which fascinated both of them

“C’mon, kiddo! It’s gonna be fun,” Patton giggled, slowly encouraging Virgil towards the guns. He looked at Logan. “You said you’ve shot a gun before right?”

Logan nodded. “Many times, yes. Do not worry, Virgil, they’ve taken every precaution that they can so we’re safe. Even with Roman and Remus here, you will not get hurt.” He helped lead Virgil to the group with the others, smiling. 

“Can you go first?” the youngest asked softly, pointing to the rifles. “I-I wanna do those, but they’re….scary.”

The second oldest chuckled and nodded. “Of course. I’ve shot these a few times before.” Logan went up to the DEA agent that was at the rifles, and he showed Logan how to hold it. The boy shot the gun, around twelve bullets. He sat it down and thanked the agent, looking around. DeDe was at the pistols, Roman with the shotgun, and Remus was at the AR at the end. All three looked like they were having their fun.

Logan went back to Virgil and Patton, smiling softly. “See, Virgil? Perfectly safe.”

The boy smiled as he looked at another picture. Remus and Roman from that night. They had put on a show in the relaxation room, one of a Knight and what they’d called a Dragon Witch. He laughed, remembering they all easily guessed who was who.

“I’ve got you now!” Roman yelled, acting like he was attacking Remus. He got his brother to the floor, laughing as Remus acted dead.

Patton was the first to clap, the other three just shaking their heads. Even DeDe, who had ended up opening up to Patton at lunch that day, was watching with a smile.