Get to Know Him...Again

Genos' POV

"Genos-Senpai!" [Y/N] happily cried when I entered the room--actually, her room. They told me she is basically living here for the moment.

"[Y/N]!" I smiled back.

She was sitting at a circular table drawing when I came in. I casually hugged her before sitting across from her.

"Oh, is Saitama not here?" She asked.

"For now, he feels all you needed to know was that he is your sensei," I informed. "We apologize, for we cannot give any more information about that."

I clenched my fist under the table. She will not know we were together once. Such shame. "And I am afraid I cannot tell you too much about me either, because that just leads up to more questions that cannot be answered just yet."

"Oh, that is alright," she grins, "one step at a time."

I sigh mentally. But I want her to know.

"Your room is nice," I complimented as my eyes searched around the room.

"They said I should make it feel like home," she shrugs, obviously not familiar with it all anyway.

She then leaned closer, her hand to the side of her face to whisper. "Plus, they're watching us." Her eyes threw a look toward the large glass window in the room where her therapist and a guard were watching.

"Invading privacy much?" I frown, but she only shrugged.

"I noticed the cameras too. They say it's for referencing back to the tapes just in case they catch something for 'my sake'. That makes it seem like I'm some psycho criminal," she chuckled, but my throat goes dry, and I just play along.

"So Genos..." she began with a smile, "tell me about yourself."

I blinked, feeling my face warm up for some reason. No, it is because it feels like the last time we met.

"It all began when I was looking for a Sensei to train under..."

Your POV

Propping both elbows on the table with my hands under my chin, I listened intrigued at the now 15 minute life story of us.

"We became friends, and Master made you train me," Genos laughed as he finished. He then dropped to a frown as if he had something else to say, but he looked back up at me with a hopeful smile.

"I cannot say anything more, but we are extremely close. You, me, and Master." He nodded. "Do you recall?"

I sweat. I don't remember a single thing. As much as I try to remember, all I see is pitch black.

My arms drop to my lap embarrassed.  "I'm sorry, Genos, I do not," I say sadly, thinking I wasted his time, "but I'm sure I will understand later. You look like a trustworthy guy. I'm sure you're telling all truths."

However, he eases as he began to grin again. Knowing it's time for him to leave, I stand up as he pushed in his chair before walking over to me.

Pulling me into another embrace, he places his chin on my head and exhaled tiredly...just before soft lips met my forehead.

Surprised, I instantly look at him, and his eyes were widened too. Seeing his cheeks turn pink, so do mine. "I-I am sorry..." he began. "I just thought..."

He coughed as he didn't finish his sentence. "I must go now. I will visit tomorrow...everyday if I can. I lov--I-I!...goodbye [Y/N]!!"

Watching him quickly stride out of the room, I touch my forehead. My fingers then graze among my heated cheeks. Blinking out of it, both hands pat my cheeks.