Terminate

Your POV

"Our butcher, [Y/N], has been serving us meals day after day, hasn't she?" Tsukiyama smirked, and the crowd of ghouls cheered.

"Although, I am disappointed to inform you all that she will be tonight's meal," he frowns with such fakeness in his voice.

For the past 3 months now, I've been winning so much, Tsukiyama has become more impatient everyday. He's been trying so hard to make me lose, but I never budge anymore.

Three months is a pretty long time. And in that time span, I've been needing a greater challenge as any type of human being didn't seem difficult to kill anymore.

I needed someone stronger too, because when I'm in the arena, this becomes my training ground. All of this is part of my training to get out of here and go back to the place I love with the people I love.

"Tonight's dinner, brought to you once by Ms. E. here, is quite...." Tsukiyama pauses to look at me as if he could see me looking through his mask.

"...special." He finishes, and I can picture an atrocious smile. "So, without further ado, presenting who will attempt to kill her...."

"Genos-Kun!"

Just like that, my body goes stiff, and my heart instantly stops to have heard that name. Holding my breath as the door rose, my heart pounded against my chest for air.

At first, I didn't believe it, but in the shadow of the door were a pair of yellow glowing eyes. I swear my heart pounded up my throat, choking me. All I can hope is that it is a different person with the same name.

With a leg poking out of the shadows, a body followed after, and it was...Genos who really did step into the arena.

The pounding then rose to my head as the panic critically increased. As I took a step back, I nearly fell from weak knees.

"What the hell?!--" I immediately jerked my head at Edisu, trying to read her thoughts, but she just stood there looking back at me with her mask.

"Tonight's game will be very...different," I remembered Edisu informing me in the carriage, "You actually have to fight for your life on this one. We're not calling it off for any circumstances. You either win to live or lose to die."

I only studied her expressions, and I knew she was serious. It was like she was finally accepting the fact of letting me go. But what could be worse than killing a child? I'm strong as she wants me to be; I can eliminate anyone at this point.

"On the floor, you will begin to wonder and ask many questions. But, they will all be answered after...if you win of course. You should. You're more than capable of tonight's opponent, but I'm afraid this challenge may stop you from succeeding.

"In other words, this will be our final goodbye if you make it the final goodbye. This battle is important. Whether you live or die is the real truth of your identity and worth.

"Just in case,....it was great to see how you've grown up now. As you just found out about your mother, I will just be thankful for all you've done for me. I'm definitely proud of you."

I then turned back to Genos. Edisu really had balls to kidnap Genos too. "My, my, what is this surprise, may you explain, Ms. E?" Tsukiyama giggled as the other ghoul whispered about their confusions.

"This is [Y/N]'s lover," Edisu explained, her tone sounding like she wanted to laugh evily. The ghouls then gasped, whispering how a ghoul was once with someone other than a ghoul.