A....Different Argument (pt 2)

As of Before...

"DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?! I AM YOU'RE FUCKING MOTHER!"

Your POV

My eyes dilated out of focus as my head went light. I immediately shot my head up, and I could tell my ghoul eye was literally burning from so much stress and pain.

"what..." I croaked as my mouth went dry, "..did you just say..."

"Hai...I am your mother," she breathes the moment my eyes focused on her. She clasped her hands to finally compose herself. "Whether you believe it or not."

"You...are not my mother," I sneered disgusted. Parents are a serious topic to me. Who does she think she is trying to hit me in the heart like that by saying she's my mother?

"You mean I don't treat you like a mother," she points out, raising both relaxed eyebrows, indicating she meant it.

"There's no way," I grit my teeth so hard, I felt my teeth shaking as if they were going to break. "My mother would have treated me with love."

"Oh, honey, I do," she baby-talks, placing a hand over her heart, "that's why I'm doing this. For your own good. I love you, sweetheart."

"You don't love me, and don't call me that," I glared hard as if it'll prevent my eyes from letting water go. "I bet my father was the better person."

Her eyes instantly flash at me before she immediately raised a foot to kick me square in the face, the way Levi did once to Eren when I saw them train. With no energy, I just lay there on the concrete floor, burying my face.

"DON'T! CH-YU EH-EHVER SAY T-THAT AGAIN!" She scolded, once again hitching breaths insanely as it offended her that much.

"YOUR FATHER WAS NEVER A GOOD MAN!" She yelled. "H-HE LEFT US! YOU ARE MY CHILD! NOT HIS!"

Pissed, with a wince, I push myself up until I'm sitting back against the wall. Despite the pain, all I do is stare seriously at Edisu, because I need to know the whole story.

"Beat me again if you mind me asking what happened?" I challenge, and she hitches a breath a little, and to my surprise, Edisu's eyes shine from tearing up.

"Y-Your father! is what happened!" She hisses as she continued to rant. "If it weren't for him! none of this would have needed to happen! We could've been a normal, happy family!"

I stared in shock as she sounds like she's hyperventilating. Her eyes had never looked so strained from being so furious.

She then closed her eyes and breathed to compose herself, shaking her hands a little as if she was going to have a panic attack.

When she opened her eyes, they were back to normal as if the fire in her eyes just burned out. In fact, I could even see somewhat patience in them.

She held her hands behind her back as she turned around, so her back faced me. "Remember when you asked how my beatings would make you stronger?" She asked.

"I did this, because it worked for me: It was your father. Your...human father. He...hurt me." She darkly says.

My eyebrows narrow in disbelief, debating if I should believe her or this story she's gonna tell.

"How did two worlds cross? When I was younger, I read theories about there being other dimensions. I was obsessed with stuff like that. When my friends and parents died, I decided to try what the stories had said.