The Battle Against Lovers

Alright! Enough with the stalling and just let the battles begin! My bad on that call. I'm just afraid to finish this because I loveeee Genos. Ugh don't we all? 😂

Also! I am doing major edits to the next chapters, so please be patient, because I got sickkkk 😣😷🤒

Genos' POV

As I held my hands up in a readied stance, the woman in the mask swiftly moves, easily dodging all of my shots. I began to panic as she neared closer at incredible speed. Immediately switching to multiple weapons built in me, I fired strategically.

I cursed to myself as she still managed to take any blows. My heart suddenly drops as the blades were just inches from my eyes.

To my own surprise, I was able to dodge it by leaning back quick enough. I cannot describe how fast I was able to, but if I were fully human, I would have definitely broke my back.

Everything seems to freeze again the moment I felt another aura, however this time was a new type of different and familiarity. It was...alluring somehow, but there was also emptiness as if I cannot figure this person out.

As I stared at the mask, I noticed the blades had cut just a centimeter of my hair. But I was lucky that the monster-like tentacles didn't do anything to me.

Those tentacles...I know them from somewhere. I'm sensing a small hint of fear, but it was a unique type of fear..and I have felt it before. Like as if that fear is locked up, but it is screaming to get out.

In the slow motion of time, my eyes follow only the mask as if waiting for something odd to happen. And it did. I remembered when that specific someone attacked me at night from a nightmare. It gave off the same exact vibe except this was hidden.

My eyes strained in shock the same time I held my breath, because behind that mask, I see...[Y/N] [L/N].

As if time noticed I figured out a secret, everything snapped back to normal. I turn to the woman, who now stood far back since I had dodged a forceful attack.

Is that really [Y/N]? Tch, no time to think. She is already acting fast on her feet. I cannot hurt her until I know for sure. I must take the mask first. Concentrate, she almost killed you in one blow just by her speed.

Your POV

"He was able to dodge my swords?" I ask no one in particular as I stared at the cyborg. "My mistake for not using my kagune. Let's try again, shall we?"

Once again, I come at him hastily. My swords act as a distraction while my kagune can finish him off. However, I become suspicious the moment he yet dodged them.

His hand tries to reach my face, but I quickly turn my back to raise my leg and kick him across the street. As his body hits against a pole, I'm already just a few feet away from jumping him.

He barely notices and quickly throws himself somewhere else, making me miss and crush the whole ground with my landing instead. I continue to follow him and fight.

To my surprise, he's quick as I am and knows how to block my every attack. No one has been able to except Edisu, but that's fine. I will last longer than this guy.

As my kagune immediately zip toward him, his whole self turns into a flaming ball of blue light. When my tentacles proceed through, the impact doesn't affect it as much, and I had chipped off only minor parts, since I couldn't clearly see from the blinding light, which also gave him time to move.