Willing to Risk it All

Alrighty! So you readers will either hate me or feel okay with me with this chapter. I wanted to do something wholesome because Anime means so much to us.

Read the Author's Note after this chapter so I could explain further. Thank you, enjoy! :)

As of Before...

"ALRIGHT! NOPE! NO, NO, NO! STOP! EVERYONE JUST FUCKING HOLLLD IT!"

3rd POV

Shooting his eyes open from the sudden cry, he noticed there was no hit from the impact he expected.

Genos noticed how quiet it became and looked underneath him to see a furious [Y/N]...unblinking and unmoving. He began to look around him and widened his eyes to see the world has literally froze in action.

"Genos," the only voice that rang clear throughout.

He turned toward the voice, noticing a cloak the hidden figure used. She was standing just a few yards from him. "W-Who are you?" He breathed.

"Doesn't matter, can you get up? You're literally about to end up dead, no?" Anonymous nodded. "Her kagune is literally touching your back."

Realizing that, he obeyed removing himself. As Genos stared at [Y/N], a downhearted pain hit his chest as tears shook near his eyes at the sudden betrayal.

The moment Genos turned a heel to talk to the figure, he flinched to have her stand just a foot apart face to face.

"You must listen to me carefully," she immediately said.

"N-Nani? Who are you? Did you cause this?" He warily questioned, taking a step back. "Are you another villain? A hero?"

"Neither, I am just someone who will help your situation. Look, we don't have much time. Listen to me if you want to save [Y/N]."

Genos glared at her. "What do you mean?"

"So there are two options to this outcome: You two will get killed together or only either of you will live.

"What I mean is for one option, well you can die alongside her. The other is you have to risk your life to let her live. Either option will still have the world end in good terms."

Genos didn't say anything, but stare at her unbelievably, waiting for her to continue.

"Of course, just giving in will end you both. As for risking your life for her, you must give her your core, your main power source. Pretend you're giving up your life. Once she touches it, hold onto her and....self-destruct."

"WHAT?!" Genos raised an arm, taking another step back outraged.

"Eh somewhat. Like I said, it's either her or you alive or you two will go. As a result, if you wake up, she's dead. However if you don't, that means she's living."

"What does that even mean? How do I know to trust you?! How the hell would I know if I died?!" He lashed.

"You'll be reincarnated," she simply said.

"What? I do not even believe in that!"

"Well, I am Author-Chan after all," a small sneaky grin perked her lips.

Genos froze hesitantly before glaring at her, not believing. "Why would you talk like that at such a time?!" He barked.

"Look, no hero can freeze time like this," Author-Chan blinks. "Speaking of time, you're running out of it. What is your decision, Genos?