Denial

Your POV:

"Oh, hai...I remember. Even the incident...but I can't feel it," I tell my psychiatrist dazed.

Sitting in a chair across from Kyoto, the atmosphere was thick. The square room felt like it was gradually caving in on me as my mind rewinded every single detail.

It felt like I was being integrated by police enforcements in such a dull vibe. Hell, there's a camera behind Kyoto filming like I was a criminal or a mentally insane person. But either of those options were similarly true of me nevertheless.

"And what do you mean by that, [Y/N]?"

"Like that...monster inside me..." I choked before my eyes shook. "Wait, those people! I-I..did I kill anyone?!!"

"It was quite a shock how you've caused major destruction," she began. "Yet, there had only been minor injuries. While you were recovering, everything was reformed even the heroes' and law enforcements' injuries. Almost like magic."

"M-Magic?" I croaked as the death of the heroes flashed before my eyes. There was Tornado...Atomic Samurai...Silver Fang...Metal Bat....

I felt my eyes widen. Then what the hell was that?!

"How do you feel?"

"Confused and guilty..." I swallowed. "I swear it didn't feel like that was me. I have it in my memory, but it shows it from someone else's perspective. Like...it wasn't me.

Kyoto leaned on the table. "You know, because of you, we're actually roaming safe now," she admits, and I blink not understanding. "That...villain--Edisu, was it?--called upon most, even all, the monsters here because of that day. We may not experience another villain until a couple of years. You haven't noticed, because you were stuck here."

Staring at her stunned, my gut still seemed to drop more guilt despite the good news. It was a...familiar suffocating feeling. Oh, that's right, it was the same feeling a couple of years ago the first time Saitama found and treated me.

I realized I was going back to square one. But I couldn't go crazy like I did back then. Instead, it was...denial, hopeless, and depression. I could feel it in my half heart, and oh how it felt even worse to shatter the last half.

"Do you remember everything else before it all happened?" She continued, jotting down her notes.

"H-Hai," I coughed, "I was kidnapped by my Master's butler--it sounds dumb but he's a demon."

"That happening is very unlikely of you," she raised an eyebrow. "Was it just the butler or was it also Edisu?" The way she just says her name makes it seem like I'm already okay with it.

"The butler, but you see..." I gulled anxiously as she seemed shocked. "I was drunk."

"Why?"

This stupid police integration. I thought Kyoto was kind.

"I was sobering up because something happened between Genos and I--BUT!--It turned out to be an accident! I had friends--well, they're not my friends anymore--t-they pulled some trick on us." My hands were up doing gestures as if I was desperate to be proven not guilty. "It was all my fault, Genos didn't--"

At that moment, my heart tightly squeezed as his name entered in a deep hidden room inside my mind. Genos..And abruptly, the scene of me destroying Genos at Ediu's dimension played.

"[Y/N]?"

My head whipped to the blackness of the window which of only the people behind it could see me. What the hell? There's...another Genos behind that window...who the hell was that one back then? Or now?