Breaking

***Darius POV***

The doctor explained so much that I never knew.

There aren't any real apparent triggers sometimes and no actual cure exists.

Aubrey could lapse at any minute or never again.

Unfortunately, this isn't the best news. I don't want Aubrey to ever be in this state again.

It took all night for Aubrey to wake. When she did, she was quiet. I took her home and we all just observed her as she stayed to herself and ignored everyone, even me.

My heart hurt. I didn't know what to do.

"She will come around." Jackson comforted.

"She's never been this bad." I argued.

"It's been a stressful couple weeks. Give her time." Claire explained.

"Maybe she just needs tonite." Abi started.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"If she flipped so quickly into an episode, she can easily flip back out." Abi continued.

"Let's hope so, cause I can't handle her being so still." I admitted.

"What if we took her on a run, let Amare out? Maybe it could help." Luce offered.

"Maybe." I agreed.

I tried talking to Aubrey but, she just stared off like she didn't even notice I was there.

***Aubrey's POV***

I hear them. I see them. But, I can't conjure the courage to respond.

I don't have any fucking answers.

It wasn't the worst of what I have experienced. However, this flashback was more real. I was locked in the moment. I felt it. I smelled it. I relived it like I was back there again. I couldn't do anything, just let it happen.

"Aubrey, let me take over. I'm gonna go run." Amare speaks up.

I don't respond.

"I'm pushing you back Aubrey. You will feel better. Let me protect you." Amare pleads.

***Amare's POV***

Aubrey wasn't listening.

I did what was needed. That's my job. I pushed her into the quietest space in our mind and I walked outside and shifted.

Everyone followed.

I got next to Ultor and I rubbed our fur against him so he could know we would be okay.

"Amare?" Ultor whined.

"I'm here." I confirmed.

"How is she? Darius is sick over this." Ultor asked.

"I pushed her back. She's shut down." I informed.

"Run with us sweetheart." Ultor pleaded.

We walked slowly at first, I stretched my limbs.

Soon we were flying thru the forest and I felt lighter. I know Aubrey is upset. She is worried because she doesn't think Darius will put up with her if she breaks down. It's hard to convince her right now.

"Why is Aubrey so upset?" Viribus questioned.

"She thinks Alpha doesn't want her." I scoff.

"That's insane." Robora barks.

"Can she hear us?" Custos questioned.

"No, she's blocked out." I promised.