Confessions

***Aubrey's POV***

I woke with sore calves, and aching feet. I hadn't danced like that, ever! It was so much fun. I can't wait to do it again.

"Good morning, sunshine!" Darius cooed.

"Mmmmm, good morning handsome." I hummed.

Darius had his arm around my shoulders and I was snuggled up to his side.

He bent down and captured my lips in his kiss.

"I have morning breath" I giggled while holding a hand over my mouth.

"Wolves don't get morning breath, silly girl" he chuckled.

He moved his fingers into my hair and dragged me on top of him, stealing my voice with his tongue.

When he pulled away, I leaned up to admire his blinding smile.

"I suppose wolves don't get morning wood either?" I cocked my brow at him.

He had a very noticeable tent pitched.

"Only when they have the sexiest creature to walk the earth laying on top of them" he winked.

"Then why are you hard?" I giggled.

"Aubrey, you are too humble." He laughed.

"I will take your word for it." I promised.

We laid there for a few minutes, him massaging my scalp with his fingers and me drawing lazy circles over his chiseled chest.

"What's the schedule today?" I asked.

"I have some cases to handle in the human realm." He said.

"What kind of cases?" I asked curiously.

He sighed deeply. "I have to punish the vile."

"What do you mean by punish?" I asked, concerned.

"Well, you know how you are the Angel of Compassion?" He started.

"You will bring much needed balance to my wrath." He continued.

"So I am Yin and you are Yang?" I guessed.

"Actually, that's a brilliant analogy." He congratulated.

"I am the Angel of Judgement. In the human world, as I am sure you are well aware, the justice system often fails. So it is my duty to give offenders appropriate consequences." He explained.

"Do you always hand out death sentences?" I questioned.

I knew he had to kill. I understood his position. But, I hated believing that he couldn't spare anyone.

"No, parvulus. Only when the crime is far too corrupt. If I come across someone who cannot be reformed, it is my job to stop their depravity." He qualified.

"You execute the serial killers, murders and pedophiles?" I asked.

"Yes." He stated.

"You said you kept an eye on me for the last 18 years, right?" I clarified.

"We all did." He confirmed.

"You knew what my sister's dad did, huh." I stated. It wasn't really a question.

"Unfortunately, we had our suspicions." Darius concurred.

"I figured." I sighed.

It was embarrassing to know that they had witnessed me being so weak. I wished for so long to be strong enough to fight him off.