Are we really doing this?

***Darius POV****

***sexual abuse, physical abuse, trigger warning***

Hurricane Alex was on it's way. A category five storm sure to cleanse the southern East Coast of it's corrupt lifestyle. Massive winds would rip thru the lands, leaving a devastating path of death in it's wake. Death comes in many forms. I would know.

Jackson was on board with my plan, however as the super storm made landfall he started wavering in his resolve.

"Alpha" he called.

"Yes, Jackson" I answered.

"Are you sure about this?" He questioned.

"No not at all!" I replied wearily.

"But?" He stared.

"We are doing it anyway." I confirmed.

Five long days Hurricane Alex violently thrashed it's carnage over Southern Florida. I made sure only the evil were annihilated. 42 deaths sounded right by calculations. No sweat off my brow.

We watched as Aubrey's guardians packed their U-Haul and headed towards North Carolina. I couldn't be more excited. New surroundings and hopefully a new perspective on life for the monster. Devastation often brings great results. Let's pray this is one of those times.

We watched the family falter for a year. Aubrey's mom went into a deep depressive state. I could care less. I had no positive feelings for the woman. If you think I'm harsh, let me clear it up:

While in class, ten year old Aubrey whispered to her friend Beth "I have a whole purse full of candy and snacks if you would like some."

"Where did you get that?" Beth asked excitedly.

"From the store" Aubrey barely whispered.

"How?" Beth questioned.

"I took it" Aubrey innocently stated.

Apparently, parent's of the century instilled no morals over stealing. I rolled my eyes during her admission.

Next, thing you know Ms. Green , Aubrey's teacher called Aubrey out of class.

"Aubrey, did you steal candy from the store?" She asked.

"I didn't steal it, I took some to share with my friends. Their nice and I wanted to give them something to say thank you for playing with me." Aubrey answered with no conviction.

Be still my heart, even while committing a crime the green eyed angel was being selfless.

"Aubrey, it's a crime to to do bad things. You will get punished." Ms. Green warned.

"I will have to call your parents." Ms. Green promised.

The fear that saturated Aubrey's face made my heart hurt. She immediately broke down crying. She pleaded with her teacher not to call.

"Please don't he will beat me. He will hurt me." Aubrey begged.

"Spankings aren't that bad. You have to learn." Ms. Green scolded.

"You don't know. You can't understand." Aubrey wailed.

"Aubrey is someone hurting you?" Ms. Green questioned in deep concern.

"If I tell you he will beat me and send me to foster care" Aubrey whispered.

"No one is ever going to hurt you again. Trust me sweetie I will make sure of it." Ms. Green whole heartedly promised.